Solved

A bug ?

Userlevel 4
  • Popular Voice
  • 54 replies
Hi all :D ,

When WSA complete vers 804115 begins scanning at the schedule time i set up, 2 instances of WSA  run at the same time! lol i'm compelled to close one of the 2 windows to complete the process... A bug?. Any ideas why this occurs?
Thanks for your replies.

Cheers,
Herve
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 August 2014, 19:08

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi @ & @ it's not a new issue as I had it since the 2013 versions of WSA and Joe @ and I were trying to figure it out and in the end Joe said there is no need to worry as it doesn't affect WSA in any way. Maybe they have more info now?

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Scheduled-scanning-has-2-scan-windows/m-p/17210

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Yeah I have seen it in the past but I havent seen it in ages so I wanted to get more information. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Well this was the last time I seen it in the 2014 version and I'm running it on Win 7 x64 as well. https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Scheduled-scanning-has-2-scan-windows/m-p/71287#M5105

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Interesting Daniel...I have not see that at all yet...and am running Win7 64bit...but will try to see if I can recreate it.
Userlevel 4
As Daniel pointed out in another thread dealing with the same issue, it seems to be intermittent ! At 8pm (French Time) my scheduled time, scanning has started....BUT there was just one window popping up!:$...
So... Sorry Rakanisheu! No screenshots to display. But the screenshot that my friend Daniel provided in the other thread is EXACTLY the same as the one i 'd have sent to you.
Thank you all for your contributions and interesting inputs.

Cheers,
Herve
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Yesterday, again just one window popped up !:S BTW @ : Haven't you sent us a patch "on the sly." to solve this problem? LOL *Kidding. Thanks.

Cheers,
Herve
Hi Herve,

It's intermittent I always found but haven't seen it for quite awhile now!

Cheers,

Daniel
Me neither...in fact I have not had a security Report notification for about three months now...and I am starting to feel neglected...:(
By the sounds of it some don't want the Security Report. 😠
Userlevel 7
Ah OK I just wanted to rule that out, you can run multiple scans at the same time, has a scheduled scan started and you started another one? 
Userlevel 7
Are you running a 64bit version of Windows by any chance?
Userlevel 7
OK, I may need some diagnostic logs, but in the meantime can you reply with a screenshot of the running tasks?
Userlevel 7
No problem! Take you time, I am doing some testing here to see if I can reproduce exactly your issue. 
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Yesterday, again just one window popped up !:S BTW @ : Haven't you sent us a patch "on the sly." to solve this problem? LOL *Kidding. Thanks.

Cheers,
Herve
Hi Herve,

Cheers,

Daniel
Me neither...in fact I have not had a Seurity Report notification for about three months now...and I am starting to feel neglected...:(
Userlevel 7
Hello,

There will be two WRSA.exe`s running one is the GUI and the other should be pointing to the service. Is this what you are seeing?

Userlevel 4
Sorry Rakanisheu! but it is not! 2 scanning processes at the same time instead! ;)
Thanks forv trying to help me.

Cheers,
Herve
Userlevel 4
Not at all! lol At scheduled time, 2 scanning processes windows pop up at the same time WITHOUT any intervention on my side!

Thanks and cheers,
Herve 
Userlevel 4
YES indeed! Windows7 64 bits
Userlevel 4
OK! I'll do it at the scheduled time i set up. Sorry but right now i am in a hurry! In the meanwhile, please accept my apology.
Many thanks. See you later.

Cheers,
Herve
Userlevel 4
Yesterday, again just one window popped up !:S BTW https:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/7522 : Haven't you sent us a patch "on the sly." to solve this problem? LOL *Kidding. Thanks.

Cheers,
Herve
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Cheers,
Herve
Hi Herve,

Cheers,

Daniel