Solved

A malware has blocked Webroot from functioning; I cannot re-install the program. I need help!

• 5 November 2016
  • 7 replies

A malware has blocked my Webroot program form functioning; I cannot re-install the program. I need help!!!
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 5 November 2016, 16:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's hard to believe that malware blocked WSA so you must of tried to do a reinstall if it's not on your system now? WSA's processes are protected from being terminated by malware.

So try the below to reinstall:

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need.
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and do NOT import any settings if offered by the installer as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue or you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 2

I’m experiencing the same exact challenge.  However, I followed your steps above and it does not work.  I download the software, attempt to download, say Open to the question about Outside Developers, and then the system does nothing.  No request for a key.  Nothing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

@Festus500 

It would be best advised to contact Webroot support for help. They can assist with the malware as well as getting the product installed/working again. 

Cheers

John

Userlevel 2

What is the best phone number?  I tried their phone listed at support and no luck. No response to help ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Festus500 

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply.

To call support look here: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Call 1-866-612-4227

HTH,

Userlevel 2

Herr Triple Helix, thanks for the tip and phone number. I was able to contact support and they are fixing the problem now on all our computers. 

i plan to start a new post alerting other Catalina users what to do

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Herr Triple Helix, thanks for the tip and phone number. I was able to contact support and they are fixing the problem now on all our computers. 

i plan to start a new post alerting other Catalina users what to do

So your issue has to do with the Mac Client as this old thread was for a PC issue so it’s always best to post a new thread in the correct section here for Mac’s: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18

Thanks!