A question about settings

• 15 January 2018
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Are the application settings on a PC per user, or are they global?
I have a user with Power User privileges, and an Adminstrator user. I never go online with admin privileges, for safety reasons, but I installed Webroot under the Administrator account. I also set up scanning schedules and optimization schedules in the Admin acount.
My question is, will these schedules execute when I am logged on with my Power User account, or do I need separate schedules for that account?
I've been seeing errors that tell me that a system optimization is already underway when I have schedules set under both accounts.
How does this actually work?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Salutations, @!

All changes made in the Advanced Settings menu will retain for all users on the Computer.
For the problem with the System Optimizer. please contact our Support Team for help. Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Badge +11
Thanks! I asked because, even though the settings may apply to all users, they are visible only on the account that set them. It might be desirable, in a future update, to make settings visible to any account that can change them, and, perhaps, to offer the option to restrict the ability to change them to  certain users, either by ACL, or via a password.
That's simply to avoid confusion, really.