account has been deactivated and my computers erased from My Webroot Web Console

• 13 November 2014
  • 15 replies

Has any one elses account been deactivated and your computers erased from ,my webroot web console after renewing your account. Plus I beleave I lost all my passwords and the cloud shows my pc but everthing i synced is gone.
 My account expired overnight , the next morring I go to walmart and bye a new Webroot-Complete and renew my account.
I can log into my web console but nothings there. My account shows my keys but everything seems to be erased and I didn't deactivate them. If you try to sign into your tool bar it just says account deactivated. Ive tried everthing .
 Any anwsers ????

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Frogger, welcome to the Webroot Community!

Your Passwords are tied to specific User accounts... and the User accounts are tied to specific key codes.  As you have a change of key code and the old one is expired, that will explain your problem.

Please submit a Trouble Ticket as soon as you can.  Once an old key code has expired, there IS a limited amount of time, usually two weeks give or take, during which the data CAN be recovered and transferred to the new key code.

Also, with the new key code, did you add it to your existing Console?  Have you changed the key code on all protected devices to the new key code?  Please run a scan on all protected devices.  The Console usually will not show a protected device unitl a full scan has been completed.

I hope this helps!
Ive submitted a ticket and weve tried to activate my old code to get it to work. but no luck. they just replied again saying to call them tommarow and well work somthing out
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Ive submitted a ticket and weve tried to activate my old code to get it to work. but no luck. they just replied again saying to call them tommarow and well work somthing out
That makes sense actually.  While Webroot Support is 24/7, in correcting your issue they need to work with the Password Manager vendor/source.  They are not 24/7 LOL.

Hopefully they will have you taken care of tomorrow!
same stuff happened to me.. can't reach support online or over the phone very sloppy service and the sad part is i bought 2 copies for 1 year just to get this stupid password manager crap to work. i feel really ripped off atm ..

i had to re add my **bleep**in keycode to my account.. and it still doesn't work. i paid for this software just for this and they were alternatives i could have gotten on line for free with no hassle and not to mention the customer service that are like NEVER AVAILABLE..

i am very dissapointed with this company and i would not be spending any more money here again.
Userlevel 7
Hi dissatisfieduser1

Dare I welcome you to the Community Forums? Yes, I think I will!

May I first of all ask whether you purchased the Webroot version of the product, either directly or from a retailer, or the Best Buy version?  If the latter then you should be contact The Geek Squad (please see at the bottom of this page) in the first instances.

If the Webroot version then I presume that you have Opened a Support Ticket, from you reference to trying to contact online?  If not then please do as ASAP.

Unfortuantely we here in the Community are mainly volunteers and so do not have access to back office system...and it certainly seems to me that this may well be a back office systems issue.

Having said that I am wondering if our most excellent Community Manager @ may be around and able to short cut the process for you a bit, given the circumstances, to see if your case can be prioritised somewhat.

Apologies ofr not being able to do more, but I hope that this help.

Regards

Baldrick 

Userlevel 7
Hi dissatisfieduser1

Just a further thought whilst thinking about your issue!

You mention in your post that you " bought 2 copies for 1 year "...so I am assuming that you have TWO keycodes; one for each copy?

If that is the case then, and excuse me if I am trelling you something that you already know, but the Password Manager must be logged into by the profile username and password.  That User Profie is actually also tied to a specific key code, as is the Password Manager.  Is it possible that your Password Manager is quite simply tied one key code, the one that you originally set it up under, and you are not seeing what you expect because you are tryiong to access under the other of the two keycodes that you have purchased?

It is a long shot, and I may well be completely off target...but it is worth asking the above if only to eliminate it as a possible cause of your issue.  If however, this is the case, then Support should be able to transfer the Passwords account from one code to the other should you wish to move the data between keycodes.

Will ponder further in case any other options/possibilities come to light.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That is strange that your account is deactivated, as when I look up your email in our system it shows an active keycode.  I'll go ahead and put in a ticket for support to contact you to get this sorted out.  Sorry for the inconvenience!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I just looked in our ticket system and your ticket submission did make it through, so you should be hearing from support.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks for the pick up...and as usual...Great work...that is another one I owe you...;)

Hi dissatisfieduser1

I hope that you will be changing your user name sometime soon once the Support Team have sorted you out...but should there be any further delay in remediation please do come back to here.  The Support Team do a great job 24/7 but just occassionally a ticket slips down the 'cracks' and the response is not as per their usual sterling service.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
This is happening to me also. Had to put new keycode in as evidently they cant just transfer new to old one as years past, so support had me enter new into all my systems, , ran scans and all 5 licinses showing and all was fine for a week.  All of the sudden last night my password once entered into password manager works for a secodn or 2 then goes to yellow. I can however log into my webpanel and look at all the tabs minus paswords and then it kicks me out.   Sent in ticket, yet im stuck here without password manager.  

Can anyone help?.. thanks
Hi Datagg,

Sorry to hear about your trouble.

When you entered a new keycode it was like starting over again. It doesn't add to your existing account, it creates a new one. Renewing through Webroot would allow you to continue with the same keycode. I don't like the way it works, but it is what it is. But you have done the right thing by submitting a ticket. Webroot support will get it straightened for you and help you get your password info transferred to your new keycode. It's still a bit early in Colorado, but hopefully they should get back to you soon. Just wait to hear from them before submitting another ticket as doing so will put you at the back of the queue.

Hope this helps, ;)

BD
Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Thank you for the reply.... I wish they had mentioned that to me prior.. They had to add time to new keycode also, so i would of hoped they did that also. Hopefully they will get back to me soon as not having that manager there is going to be rough.  This is the first year they couldnt just transfer old key to the new as in all the past times, nic etc did that for me as it would keep the same keycode always....  this time had to enter new code in all systems. 

Thanks
Hi Datagg,

You're welcome. I will ping our Webroot Community manager @ to alert him to your situation. They should be rolling into action in Colorado within the next couple of hours. Hopefully he will see this and maybe can get you some information regarding your support ticket.

You could also try calling Webroot support directly at https://tel:18666124227  7am-7pm MST. ;)

Regards,
BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Thanks @ for bringing this to my attention and for the great response. 

@, happy to help and try to find out more for you about this. I talked with our support team and they let me know that you guys have been in touch with one another. They are also fixing this issue for you and will respond back to you once the fix has gone through (if they haven't done so already.) 

Thanks! 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12
Thank you.  Havent heard back from support, yet i tried to log in to just check and it works. So they must have took care of it.  Thank you so very much for the help. Bless.