Solved

Active Connections - Unusual Number of Programs Listed

• 7 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

When performing some cleanup I just noticed that I have a large number of processes listed under Active Connections.  This is unusual as I normally have but a handful.  I have uninstalled WR and reinstalled which seemed to work at first but is now beginning to add more and more programs to the list.  I would very much appreciate any info or insights anyone may have.

Thanks much!

Joseph

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 7 July 2020, 16:38

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Joseph1973 

Completely normal, but at a time we were able to right click on any one of them to remove from the list and it could be a bug but not sure and the only thing to clear them is to do a clean reinstall.

See older thread here: https://community.webroot.com/got-a-question-10/how-do-i-reset-active-connections-list-342647

HTH,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @BradW  @ssellers  is the above a bug as we were able to right click on a line and remove from the list but the only way now is to do a clean reinstall?

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Unfortunately, even a clean reinstall did not help.  The number of connections is still way long and having to manually delete each program on the list, only to have each of them reappear, is kind of a pain.  Is it possible that this may be happening because of some setting I chose ?

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Joseph1973 

Since the above Webroot Staff members didn’t reply to the ping please Submit a Support Ticket and tell them and even put the link to this thread in the ticket so they can see what you have tried.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and support can take up to 48 hours to reply or a little longer because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I thought I had eliminated this issue but, unfortunately, it has returned, albeit in different form.  Now I have no active connections listed at all.  I have complete several clean installs and, at one point seemed to have resolved the issue but, it has returned.   Is there any reason that anyone can think of that this would be happening?  eg interference from another program, incomplete installation,  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks much !    

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Joseph1973 

It’s been a year and we Beta testers are testing versions with a fix for the Webroot Firewall and active connections issue but I don’t know when it will be released to all users? Just hang on a little longer it’s coming. It will be a version like v9.0.31.xxx were at v9.0.31.84 for Beta Users at this time.

Thanks,

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This is great news.  I appreciate the quick response and can certainly hold on for the fix !!!!

Awesome...Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

This is great news.  I appreciate the quick response and can certainly hold on for the fix !!!!

Awesome...Thank you!

Yes no problem and it’s nice to have it working as it should!

Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Joseph1973 

There has been a new Release:
https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/consumer-pc-agent-version-9-0-31-84-348726

If needed: To manually download and install over top and do a reboot: https://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Thanks,