An active process has a possible memory leak (mbam.exe) how can it be fix? My C drive is in red zone

Webroot has discovered,An active process has a possible memory leak (mbam.exe) how can it be fix? 
because of this leak mt C drive is in the RED zone.

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Iwouldn't worry about what SA has to say it's just a baseline tool and there's nothing you can do about memory leaks as mine keeps saying firefox.exe has a memory leak again nothing I can do!

Please look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Techie-KB/Memory-Leaks/ta-p/44520

EDITED Also have a look here http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/incorrect-low-space-warning-red-usage-bar-in/b42d61fd-9f5b-41d3-939a-83724aabab71

? can you assist with the C drive issue?

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey there Lewis35now

Welcome to the community forums!

Unfortunately we will need a bit more information to help with this issue (regarding to memory leaks anyway)

1. How much ram is your computer using when idle?
  2. what is the name of the program or process which is using the most memory when yourcom puter is idle?

Here is a link to a very informative video regarding memory leaks :D  Memory Leaks

Hope to hear from you soon
Brad

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good one ?

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? it just means the Hard Drive is running out of space: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/hard-drive-in-red-zone/b819cf05-4e6b-4fc1-abda-fba52e55f440

HTH,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thanks Daniel! I've never had this issue! LOLs 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey there again Lews35Now I had a look around and I have found out that this is an error for another security software known as Malwarebytes. As this is a Webroot forum, I will do my best to help but I will still send you a link to their support forum in case you need any more help. Other users suspect it may be a registry issue.  The Support I found recommends a clean install. I will post the instructions and links as a PM as it is a 3rd party program ^^ 
Hope this helps with your issue.

Thanks
Brad
This has to be a problem, since it only occured after I downloaded fixcleaner and fixcleaner downloaded windows update.
Now everytime I logged off the computer there is an update ready to be download. I mean everytime which is eating into my C drive memory. The memory leak was discovered by webroot system analyzer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Lewis35now

If i was you I would uninstall Fixcleaner.

You can uninstall FixCleaner from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel. When you find the program FixCleaner, click it, and then do one of the following: Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.

Usually Windows update will take care of your update.

Did you check the link that Daniel provided?
 http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-performance/hard-drive-in-red-zone/b8...

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hi Lewis35now

From what I can see fixcleaner is a windows registry cleaning / computer fixing program correct?

If so it will be looking to correct any errors that are on your system, such as download windows updates or any other updates your system may require. (it may even be causing your memory leak issue)

Sherry has a good idea and it may be wise to uninstall the program to see if it stop instigating updates to your system, along with Malwarebytes to fix the memory leak.

Hope this helps

Brad

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
In all my time you never use Deep Registry cleaners as they can do more damage than good and it all likely you may have to do a Clean Reinstall of the Operating System, but please do remove fixcleaner to see if it helps and never mind what System Analyzer says about the memory leak as it's from Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Daniel 😞
Hi, everything was caused by fixcleaner software download, I ran windows update diagnostic. diagcap which identified the problem, service regestration is missing or corrupt,when't on YOUTUBE found the solution, tried it and everything is back to normal. Am intune with my computer and will notice any deviation from the normal. Most people I spoke to said nothing was wrong, but I knew something was wrong.  Thank again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11
Hey lewis35now

Thanks for the update

Glad to hear everything is back to normal.

All the best
Bradforth