An Upgrade shows as Malware

• 6 July 2015
  • 1 reply

My computer wants to upgrade/update my Flash Player(I have it set to not install upgrades automatically), after looking at it and decide okay yes install/download upgrade...My Webroot catches it as malware...so I just say no to the upgrade for now....its directly from the Flash Player site...dont know why it does that, but I just do the safe thing and not let it upgrade....I run Win-XP, yeah I know its not supported anymore, but Im slow to upgrade as I like Win XP..lol, a few weeks ago I made sure my backups were up to date and reinstalled my Win XP and yes definitley moves 100% faster, as I didnt install some programs I never used anyways, also I upgraded my RAM Memory to max for my HP PC to 2GB. Anyways, anyone else having this issue and whats to be done about it, I really dont care if it upgrades to the latest Flash Player, but whats the deal here? Yes I know all the security issues of keeping Win XP, I may upgrade later to Win 7, Ive looked into it and seems my PC is okay with it. Hey shes an old girl PC at 9 years old..lol. Thanks, Jerry

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Webroot is protecting you from a malicious "upgrade" of Adobe Flash Player. Some of these sites look like the Adobe Flash site but are not. Please uncheck any offers or addons with this download!

Please have a look at this post with the latest Adobe Flash Player

Kind Regards,