Solved

Another Web Shield False Positive

• 10 December 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I am an old PrevX customer that was suddently changed over to WSA without any warning. I was not happy about that, but I decided to forget it, and give WSA a chance. A few weeks ago WSA installed a browser add-on without any warning, without notifying me, without asking me, and without explaining what the add-on is or what it does. I have paid numerous security companies over the years to protect my pcs, but I will say this about WSA, they sure have some balls. They do whatever they want without asking, and if you don't like it, they could not care less. Either you accept it, or go elsewhere. No apologies, no explanation, and no contact. I've never seen another company that handled business in this manner, and for years PrevX protected my pcs and never once did anything out of hte ordinary like this. PrevX never left me feeling like I didn't know what was going on with my own pcs security.

Now, onto the problem brought about by this new add-on. Every browser, and every PC in my possession slowed to a mere crawl, whether online, or simply using an installed program, it would take me as much as 10x longer to get a single task done because of how bad this add-on slowed my machines down. Upgrading from PrevX to WSA slowed my machines months ago, so I have already sacrificed much speed to run WSA on my 4 pcs, but this add-on was the nail in the coffin, and running my small online business has become next to impossible with WSA's filtering extension.
  I've been a loyal PrevX customer since 2008, and I've always been happy with PrevX, but I have HAD IT with WSA. I'm so sick of unninstalling, reinstalling, deactivating, enabling, and so on & so forth, just to do simple task on my pcs. It is not normal to need to unninstall programs like this constantly just to maintain a somewhat acceptable speed, and I will not continue paying webroot when I waste so much of my valuable time working around their product. PrevX & Webroot are NOT the same thing, and it's obvious that they never will be the same. I've given WSA a chance for months, and they blew it. When my subscription runs out next month, I will gladly move on to greener grass.
icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 10 December 2013, 15:56

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
I am not sure if you are the person I have just replied to in the support system but I have whitelisted those files and I am sorting out the website FP as we speak. From what I can see your ticket didnt go into the right support queue as I didnt see it this morning. 

Roy
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
Many thanks to the response By Roy(threat research)in my support ticket.All is well.Another great job by Webroot!