Solved

Anywhere Folder

• 23 October 2012
  • 45 replies

Show first post

45 replies

Userlevel 7
Thank you for your post pegas.

Error Code 21 represents a communication problem between the user process and the service process plugin. The best way to investigate is by Opening or Updating a Support Ticket where we can collect logs and compare the versions of the agent and the plugin. This is caused by an unexpected termination of WSA and can be fixed by restarting WSA, rebooting the system, or relogging into Backup & Sync from the agent.

If you would like to help us investigate further and find a permanent solution, please go the support route by opening a ticket. Be sure to put Error Code 21 in the subject and Send me a Private Message when the ticket is created so that I can ensure that detailed notes are added to the ticket and that the process runs smoothly.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Thank you for your post .

Error Code 21 represents a communication problem between the user process and the service process plugin. The best way to investigate is by Opening or Updating a Support Ticket where we can collect logs and compare the versions of the agent and the plugin. This is caused by an unexpected termination of WSA and can be fixed by restarting WSA, rebooting the system, or relogging into Backup & Sync from the agent.

If you would like to help us investigate further and find a permanent solution, please go the support route by opening a ticket. Be sure to put Error Code 21 in the subject and https:///t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/1016 when the ticket is created so that I can ensure that detailed notes are added to the ticket and that the process runs smoothly.
Hello Mike,

I obviously will help you. The ticket created.
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Thank you for your post .

If you would like to help us investigate further and find a permanent solution, please go the support route by opening a ticket. Be sure to put Error Code 21 in the subject and https:///t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/1016 when the ticket is created so that I can ensure that detailed notes are added to the ticket and that the process runs smoothly.
Sorry to say but the received reply from support is completely off.

They suggested me to reinstall WSA. It looks like they didn't bother to even read my ticket and this thread to I referenced. I don't need to reinstall WSA. I clearly wrote that I already reinstalled WSA and all is fine now. For me the issue was resolved. I contacted support just because of Mike's suggestion in order to help them investigate further and find a permanent solution. So I expected to be asked to collect logs using the Webroot's log-gathering utility or procedure what to do if it happens again or something else but instead of I have been told to reinstall. Well what to say. I am disappointed and I won't contact support back in this issue.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the update pegas.

The last interaction I see under your registered email was from September 12, 2012. Is there another email address you may have used to contact support? If so, you can Send me a Private Message with the email address and I can take over on the ticket. I will collect logs so that we have a before and after look if the issue was to recur. 
Userlevel 7
Jim was able to remember part of your other email address. Thanks Jim! ;)

The technician did read your ticket and I think instead of collecting logs they wanted to give you a fix that essentially does a clean install after renaming/deleting the previous data folder. These instructions would most likely have permanently solved the Error Code 21 issue.

They may gathered enough of these logs from other users and new cases are not as much of a priority. We can still collect logs or you can do the Un/Re + folder renaming (I would go this route). Sorry about the confusion.

Userlevel 7
OK Mike, thanks for clearing up. I understood your post like you are going to work out with me to a permanent fix. Sorry if I misunderstood 😳 Well sometimes I suffer not being a native english speaker. Anyway all works now.
Userlevel 7
I am seeing if they have collected enough information on Code 21, which explains why permanent fixes such as renaming the data folder and performing a fresh un/re is the route being taken.

It is not your fault and your English is quite proficient. 😃
Userlevel 7
Thanks Mike, having explained it now, wouldn't you mind to make a knowledge base article about this code 21?

And many thanks for your warm words as regards my English 😃
Userlevel 6
This is a recurrent problem.  When I do a backup, my sync tab is "off"  and won't turn on.  Also, when I try to do a backup, I get an Error 21 message.  I've now learned how to cure the problems, but why can't you stop them from occurring in the first place?
Userlevel 7
I'm sure we can stop them from occurring, but, at the moment, development is still determining how to do that for all circumstances that can lead to the error. We'll update this thread again once we believe the issue should be resolved.
Userlevel 7
Thanks Jim.

The other day I had that error again and it said that I had exceeded my storage space of somthing like 1542392900 GB of storage space.

How much would it cost to buy that much? :D
Userlevel 7
Let's see here...
$179.99 for 100GB X 15423929 = $2,776,152,980.71
Something tells me we'd probably give you a discount though. :p

(In all seriousness, 100GB is the maximum size we offer, and that price is for a full year of 100GB of storage - both items being "at the time of this posting.")
If you copy a folder into the anywhere folder, will the copy update automatically or sync to match the original folder when something changes?
Userlevel 7
Hi Ivanhoe

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/welcome.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/welcome.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/welcome.gifhttp://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/welcome.gif

Have just tried this; by pasting the folder into the WebrootAnywhere folder, opened from the option under Backup & Sync in the advanced settings and the answer would appear to be 'No', as an additional to the original folder (that was copied) does not appear in the folder copy in the WebrootAnywhere folder.

But if you log the folder that you want to 'replicate' into BackUp & Sync, i.e., you add it under the Folder Tab, accessed from the Backup & Sync advanced settings (click on the gear/cog to the right of the Backup & Sync tab in the main WSA panel) then if you update the original folder on your system the change is replicated in repository that Backup & Sync has representing the folder and therefore you can then access the updated contents from any other device that yo uhave connected via Backup & Sync.

Hope that makes send?

Regards

Baldrick

Since there is no way to start a new thread in this ficacta forum, I will use the reply feature. Tsk, tsk.

I have watched the "comprehensive" video on using the Back & Sync video. I have set up my Anywhere folder....the video did not go into how smartphones connect to said Anywhere folder. Please explain.
Userlevel 7
Hello Poppi, welcome to the Webroot Community!

To use access the Anywhere folder on a Mobile device, you need to use the Backup&Sync app on your Android device.

• Go to you Apps menu
  • Locate and open the Backup&Sync app
  • You should be prompted to log in.  Use the same username and password that you use to access that User on the Online Console.
  • Once logged in, click the Remote Containers bar
  • Click the Anywhere folder
You should now be able to access the material you have saved in the Anywhere folder on your computer.  Note that if you open a file, it will download onto the tablet and then open, so you may want to delete the file from the tablet when you are done.

For future reference, to start a new topic simply to go the Forum you wish to post in, in this case Secure Anywhere Complete, and click the "New Message" botton at the upper left corner of the posts.  Take a look below, the red arrow points to it.

Userlevel 7
Me again LOL.  You can find additional information about use of the Anywhere folder for Android and iOS in the User Guides
Thanks.
A question though.
WHY in the world would Webroot name this APP "Backup&Sync app" which puts it in the "B" section of the apps, apart from the rest of the "S" labelled apps in the APPS listing? This is so stupid. It should be called "Secure Backup&Sync app" so that it appears alongside the other WSA apps. ESPECIALLY since there is one there, among the "S" group called Secure Aywhere Mobile" which would think THIS is the app to use to configure my mobile device...but no, I have to have diving intervention to realize it is over in the B section.  Should I hunt for other rogue WSA apps in the wild among my apps? I HATE when paid applications do not make it easy to use them. Makes you wonder if they truly want to continue to earn my thrice return.
Userlevel 7
Just so you know in case you want to look for it, the Secure Web Browser is what you will use if you want to access the Password Manager on your mobile device.

As for the naming conventions, I tend to agree with you that the current format does make the various apps a bit more difficult to find for the new user.  You might make a post in the Ideas Exchange requesting/suggesting that naming all of the apps as Webroot Backup&Sync, Webroot Secure Web Browser or WSA Backup&Sync WSA Secure Web Browser, etc be done to make things far easier and less confusing.

"Just so you know in case you want to look for it, the Secure Web Browser is what you will use if you want to access the Password Manager on your mobile device."

To that end...why would one NOT use that same app to access the now opened folders from using the password? I don't get the need to have the different apps. Why not just use the drill down method?