are windows 10 settings dangerous to privacy or your computer?

• 17 August 2015
  • 1 reply

Are windows 10 settings dangerous to privacy or your computer?
Thanks, Shelley

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Shelley

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I take it from what you have posted that you are referring to the question on most people's lips surrounding the revelation that Windows 10 'phones home' a lot more than Windows 7 or 8/8.1?

So, is Windows 10 dangerous to privacy...I would say that the answer depends on what you mean by privacy, and for the most part people's view would be 'Yes'. But of course one can adjust the settings to increase provacy but that is only for those areas that we know about, and who is to say that there are not others that are being kept secret...but then again, under Windows 7 & 8/8.1 there may have been the same and we knew nothing about it.

So at this point I am going to say that having switched off a lot of the settings I am OK with the provacy angel...after all one has to trust Microsoft to some extent.

And to so to is Windows 10 dangerous to privacy...I would say 'No' as why would Microsoft endanger the very basis for its business...that does not make any sense.

So there you have it...my view...which no doubt some will disagree with but then again they would be entitled to do so.

Regards, Baldrick