Solved

Auto renewal opt-out not working

• 10 September 2018
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

I recently have had a lot of problems with auto renewal opt-out.

Disabled auto-renewal for 3 of the codes we bought in August and got the cancellation confirmation mail from webroot.

Now, in September, I got again the "We will auto renew your license" for the same codes.

I wrote to Webroot support, giving them the codes, this morning.

Nothing till now...............

Usually they are faster.

Hope they'll correct the problem soon.................someone has similar experiences?

Best Wishes
icon

Best answer by aieie 13 September 2018, 09:26

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello,

sorry for the delay but I was AFK for work.

Yeah, they replied that my ticket was right and they had cancelled the auto-renewal option (no clue why my opt-out action of a month ago using their online form was confiermed but ignored, though).

I opened also a ticket for another serial opted-out and confirmed for which they tried to charge my Paypal account (luckily there was no money on it so the transaction failed and yesterday the status was suspended).

They anwered to that too saying that the transaction was cancelled from their end...........I'll see if it disappear from Paypal too before charging it in order to buy another serial.

Pretty annoying though, I must say.

I'll let you know the results of this situation too.

A suggestion to Webroot people if some of them are in here.............

When you send an opt-out email please insert the serial for which the operation has been done (like you do when you say you will auto-renew serial XXXXXXXXXXX).

Could be useful for both sides

Best Wishes
Userlevel 4
Badge +5
Hello, Thanks for your interest in the matter. The situation is finally solved. Opening the ticket brought to the transaction being cancelled on Paypal.

So now all is as how it should be for all for codes.

Best Wishes
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
Hello,

I recently have had a lot of problems with auto renewal opt-out.

Disabled auto-renewal for 3 of the codes we bought in August and got the cancellation confirmation mail from webroot.

Now, in September, I got again the "We will auto renew your license" for the same codes.

I wrote to Webroot support, giving them the codes, this morning.

Nothing till now...............

Usually they are faster.

Hope they'll correct the problem soon.................someone has similar experiences?

Best Wishes
Wanted to check back in with you to see if they were able to help you with this auto renewal issue. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey @

If you did opt out, received a confirmation email, and AR was not disabled can you please open a ticket with that information? Support will be able to take care of you from there. 

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
@ wrote:
Hello, Thanks for your interest in the matter. The situation is finally solved. Opening the ticket brought to the transaction being cancelled on Paypal.

So now all is as how it should be for all for codes.

Best Wishes
Great. Happy to hear that your issue was resolved! 

All the best and don't be a stranger to the Webroot Community!