Solved

autostart

• 19 January 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

Is there a way to close autostart (at boot up) of Webroot Secure Anywhere? If I try to set the starting up  to manul instead of automatic and click on apply it 'jumps back' to automatic!

Thanks for your ideas.

PJB1950
icon

Best answer by PJB1950 22 January 2013, 08:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Not that I can see I even set Self Protection to Low from default Max and save all but it goes to back to Automatic the only thing you can do after start up is to turn WSA off if need be but I would not recommend it as it would leave your system open to an attack.

TH

Then Right Click on Tray Icon.
Userlevel 1
What I want is to have it 'off' when I start up my computer, as it interferes with the startup of McAfee, and then when everything has started up to switch it to 'on'. However, that seems to be impossible?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you tried setting Exclusions in McAfee for WSA processes? See https:///t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Installation-Folder-and-File-Locations/ta-p/3766. And if it continues to conflict Submit a Support Ticket so that they can gather some logs as it could be a simple thing as Whitelisting some files in the Cloud.

TH
Userlevel 1
I think it's just the other way around: Webroot blocks the startup of McAfee's real time scanning, so if I can 'stop' the autostart of Webroot, I can 'switch' it on when McAfee has completely loaded.
Userlevel 1
PS. I noticed you have version v8.0.2.98 of Webroot, whereas I 'still' have v8.0.2.96. When I check for updates, I get the answer that I already have the latest version...
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It's because some of us are Closed Beta Testers meaning the group is closed and we are testing v8.0.2.98 ATM. And it's best to contact support as I suggested before as they can look at your logs and give you other instructions.

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 1
OK! Thank for all your feedback!:D
Userlevel 7
PJB, I'm not seeing a case in the support system from you yet - at least not under the same email address you used for your last issue. Did you open one yet? If there is anything odd going on with how we're treating McAfee on your system we would definitely want to know about it. One of the things we pride ourselves on is our ability to work well with other antivirus programs. As TripleHelix said, it might be a matter of whitelisting something on our end.
Userlevel 1
Hello JimM,

I have not yet opened a supportticket yet, because the last couple of says everything seems to work nicely together. However as soon as I encounter this same problem, I will certainly open a ticket. Thanks for your concern! Much appreciated!