Solved

Backup and sync playing up

Userlevel 3
Just noticed that Backup has failed to back up anything from 29/Sept /15
Console shows both backup and sync switches are at the off position and are unresponsive.
with error code 10 showing
Mosty of my stuff is in the "anywhere folder" but it won't open from the sys tray nor the console, but accessible through the Home login.
Any help please
roadhog
icon

Best answer by nic 6 October 2015, 00:11

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Comminty, 

It looks like I have the same problem.. I just checked.

Please submit a Trouble Ticket  I am doing the same now.

? ? We might have something broken :)

Userlevel 7
?  I am not able to try to re-log in.  It shows me as logged in with the correct email address, however I have clicked to log in with a different user.  My user ID and password is being rejected.
Userlevel 7
Attempting to access the "Cloud Drive" from My Computer results in 

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Let me see what I can find out.
Userlevel 7
The UI still shows me as correclty logged in, everything green, all looks correct EXCEPT the Backup and Sync sliders. They are both off and cannot be turned on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The backup & sync service shows in green, so there's no backend outage that could be causing this. Let's see what support finds on your system. Meanwhile I'm going to check mine to see how it is looking.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
The backup & sync service shows in green, so there's no backend outage that could be causing this. Let's see what support finds on your system. Meanwhile I'm going to check mine to see how it is looking.
Let us know how yours acts.  My system is acting same as the OP's, so it does not appear to be something in just one computer.  
Userlevel 7
?  What version of Windows are you using?

I am on Windows 10, 64 bit here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just heard from support folks that they've seen a couple of these crop up and usually an uninstall and reinstall takes care of the problem and lets you log in again.
Userlevel 7
Clean Install directions:

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Userlevel 3
Windows 8.1 64 bit
Userlevel 7
Roadhog, 

Follow the directions for a clean install I just posted above.  I did it, and it fixed the issue for me.
Userlevel 3
yes, done thank you. seems to be ok now
is it me or do you find it works a lot faster?

Oh almost forgot, thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
roadhog (Ade)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
yes, done thank you. seems to be ok now
is it me or do you find it works a lot faster?

Oh almost forgot, thanks for all your help, much appreciated.
roadhog (Ade)
LOL, you are most welcome!  I do not know how big the issue is, hopefully not too many of us are affected by it.  I really don't know if it is any faster.. the only portion I am using right now is the AnyWhere folder.  I just re-isntalled Windows and everything else a few days ago, and have not set up other backups yet as I am not done with getting things the way I like them.

Had this happen to me last week with same error code. Switches for protection would turn on then off right away. All I did was right click the Webroot icon down by the clock and choose "shut down protection" and entered the captcha. Turned back on right away and everything was cool.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Had this happen to me last week with same error code. Switches for protection would turn on then off right away. All I did was right click the Webroot icon down by the clock and choose "shut down protection" and entered the captcha. Turned back on right away and everything was cool.
Now that is very interesting.  It might be the same, it might be just a bit different, I am not really sure.  On mine today, I wasn't able to slide the switch to on at all.  

If I see it again, on my computer or another post here, I will try the shut down protection, restart it, and see what happens.

Thank you for the insight!