Recently I added "My Documents " folders from 2 users on my PC to Webroot Backup & Sync. When I hit the "Backup now" button it says " backup is currently processing new files". After 10 seconds or so it ends and gives the time for next scheduled backup. If I check "File Transfers" it says "100% complete all files are fully synchronized." However, no new files have been added to the cloud. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to be logged on as Administrator to perform this action? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Best answer by BurnDaddyView original
Please have a look at the Online Help File to see if you can get this sorted: Note this is for the New 2014 version! http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C8_BackupSync/CH8a_UsingBackupSync.htm if you are not updated at this point then you can look at the 2013 Online Help File here: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Using_Backup_and_Sync
One of these days I'm going to have to set up my Back Up & Sync to help users better. :@
I am not positive on this, but my guess is that to backup the files of a different profile than you are currently logged into you do have to be logged into a profile with Admin rights.
That is odd.. I just clicked it and it brought me to the correct page, with the menu on the left... but the content panel on the right is blank and the menu labels fail to load any data. There may be a glitch on that site.
Thanks for checking that. I was thinking it might just be my PC. I will try to uninstall/reinstall and see if that solves my backup issues. I will post back after I do. Thanks again.
Come on back anytime you have questions, there is usually someone around that can try to help out! I am off for the night.. I hope you have a good one!
maybe someone from the Webroot Staff will make a Comment here tomorrow to check up with you!
I created a few backup filters, run backups manually and also as per backup schedule, then accessed backups in the console, browsed backups, extract a few files, deleted some backup entries and deleted backups completely. Sync also worked how it is supposed to. No problem at all.
Thanks to this thread, I finally forced myself to setup my backup filters which were lost after upgrade to 2014 version. 😃