Solved

Backup not working

• 6 October 2013
  • 16 replies

Hello,
Recently I added "My Documents " folders from 2 users on my PC to Webroot Backup & Sync. When I hit the "Backup now" button it says " backup is currently processing new files". After 10 seconds or so it ends and gives the time for next scheduled backup.  If I check "File Transfers" it says "100% complete all files are fully synchronized." However, no new files have been added to the cloud. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Do I need to be logged on as Administrator to perform this action? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by BurnDaddy 7 October 2013, 03:51

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello BurnDaddy and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Please have a look at the Online Help File to see if you can get this sorted: Note this is for the New 2014 version! http://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/PC/WSA_PC_Help.htm#C8_BackupSync/CH8a_UsingBackupSync.htm if you are not updated at this point then you can look at the 2013 Online Help File here: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/agenthelp.asp?n=Using_Backup_and_Sync

One of these days I'm going to have to set up my Back Up & Sync to help users better. :@

TH
Thanks for the info TH but I believe I have done everything correctly. I've even tried deleting backups and starting from scratch. No Luck. Same results as before. Hopefully someone else who has experienced this problem will step up and help.
Userlevel 7
I have not used Backup & Synch very much, but I did just do a quick test.  It DID perform the selected backup for a profile that I am NOT logged into correctly, however I AM logged into an Admin profile.

I am not positive on this, but my guess is that to backup the files of a different profile than you are currently logged into you do have to be logged into a profile with Admin rights.
Thanks David, But I tried as Administrator and still no luck. Another thing I just encountered. When I open the user interface (new version) and click on the "learn more" tab under "Backup & Sync" (right side of console) it takes me to Webroot website but the page has no info. When I hit reload information does flash on screen for a second but disappears immediately. Webroot seems to be having website troubles as well. (Have tried using Firefox, Chrome an IE. Same result) I am going to try on a completely different computer and see what's going on. Thanks for your reply though.
AM going to try complete uninstall and reinstall and see if that cures my backup problems.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks David, But I tried as Administrator and still no luck. Another thing I just encountered. When I open the user interface (new version) and click on the "learn more" tab under "Backup & Sync" (right side of console) it takes me to Webroot website but the page has no info. When I hit reload information does flash on screen for a second but disappears immediately. Webroot seems to be having website troubles as well. (Have tried using Firefox, Chrome an IE. Same result) I am going to try on a completely different computer and see what's going on. Thanks for your reply though.
That is odd.. I just clicked it and it brought me to the correct page, with the menu on the left... but the content panel on the right is blank and the menu labels fail to load any data.  There may be a glitch on that site.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
AM going to try complete uninstall and reinstall and see if that cures my backup problems.
Let us know how that comes out please.  While I am not well versed in Backup &  Synch I am more than willing to experiment and try to help troubleshoot or replicate problems.
DavidP1970 wrote:
That is odd.. I just clicked it and it brought me to the correct page, with the menu on the left... but the content panel on the right is blank and the menu labels fail to load any data.  There may be a glitch on that site.
Ok. I'm thinking that maybe Webroot was having trouble with their servers or some other problem because I was planning to uninstall/reinstall WSA Complete because backup was not working properly. So I sit down to get started but checked my online backups one more time before I did and whatta you know, everything is backed up as it should be. Up until now my backups had always been incomplete. I did delete all backup and sync folders and re-entered them using the newest version of WSA but the backups still weren't happening, at least not in a timely manner. But now things seem to be working ok. I just added my wife's "My Documents" folder to Backup & Sync hit "backup now" and within minutes the folder was backed up to the cloud (Wasn't even logged on as Administrator). So thank you to Triple Helix and DavidP1970 for your help and suggestions. I really don't know exactly why things weren't working properly but they are now. I really appreciate you taking the time to help.
Userlevel 7
I have no clue what wasn't working, but I am glad it is now :)

Come on back anytime you have questions, there is usually someone around that can try to help out!  I am off for the night.. I hope you have a good one!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We are Glad that you got it working 

maybe someone from the Webroot Staff will make a Comment here tomorrow to check up with you!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Hi David,
I also tried to open the 'learn more' tab from the GUI and had the same issue as you with nothing showing on the right and not able to load any data when I clicked on any of the buttons. I also had to delete all my backups and re-create them because I was not able to back up either. I am using Firefox as my browser. So BurnDaddy isn't alone.

On another note, I am also unable to disable the Documents files under the folders tab. I get an error code 146 that reads "The selected directory conflicts with an existing syncronized folder. Please choose a different directory."

Is this because the WSA Anywhere folder is contained in that folder? It is in my Documents and Settings folder.   :8

@DavidP1970 wrote:
@ wrote:

Userlevel 7
Based on this thread I played a bit with Backup & Sync to see how it goes on my end and everything's worked well.

I created a few backup filters, run backups manually and also as per backup schedule, then accessed backups in the console, browsed backups, extract a few files, deleted some backup entries and deleted backups completely. Sync also worked how it is supposed to. No problem at all.

Thanks to this thread, I finally forced myself to setup my backup filters which were lost after upgrade to 2014 version. 😃
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
Hi David,
I also tried to open the 'learn more' tab from the GUI and had the same issue as you with nothing showing on the right and not able to load any data when I clicked on any of the buttons.
Yes, confirmed (Opera 12.16 and IE9). User guide is faulty regardless from which section of WSA GUI you access it. All "Learn More" leads to User Guide that doesn't show correctly.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

@ wrote:
Hi David,
I also tried to open the 'learn more' tab from the GUI and had the same issue as you with nothing showing on the right and not able to load any data when I clicked on any of the buttons.
Yes, confirmed (Opera 12.16 and IE9). User guide is faulty regardless from which section of WSA GUI you access it. All "Learn More" leads to User Guide that doesn't show correctly.
Please be kindly informed that the above said issue has been addressed. All links to the User guide from WSA GUI ("Learn more" buttons) lead to the relevant section of User guide.
Userlevel 3
Thanks.It's up and running now. 😃