Backup & Sync crashes on Windows 10

I cannot access the settings for Backup and Sync on Windows 10.  It has worked a few times in the past but now when I hit the gear icon to get into settings it just closes.  I can reopen the console and everything works but the gear icon for Backup and Sync.  Nothing but closing.  Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @David127 

It could be an issue on the back-end so it would be best to Submit a Support Ticket and ask them to look into it.

It could take a few days because of COVID-19.

Thanks,

We are having the same issue with the sprocket and everything disappears.  I think this has been going on for years, but today simply cannot get on after numerous tries.  Did they respond to your ticket.  Does anyone from Webroot read these?  Hope this finally gets resolved.  We are even having problems with the files syncing on some of our computers, not all -- yes we did create a ticket and got a canned response, then added to the ticket and have gotten no response for a day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @alphabeta333 

Please keep in contact with support as I told the user above so they can find out the cause and sort it out.

It will be a few days because it’s the weekend as well COVID 19 sorry.

Thanks,

They have been very responsive to my support ticket.  Yesterday evening they request logs from my PC.  They have made several suggestions over the week but none have worked.  Of course I work during the week so sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond.  So far, I cannot complain although it still doesnt work.  If they cannot fix it I will try for a refund etc.

I have same issue and an open support ticket. Support pulled my files to review but no answers and still broken.

I have same issue and an open support ticket. Support pulled my files to review but no answers and still broken.

They got with me again this week.  I gave them more logs and they wanted to know the type of drive I was using.  They stated they just started receiving reports of this problem and it may take a bit of time to determine the problem.  Seems they are on it.   I will give them a little time before I start asking for a refund.  

They asked about my drive also. BTW, I have latest Win 10 on Dell laptop and a Toshiba drive. You? I just did the clean reload routine again and still broken.

They asked about my drive also. BTW, I have latest Win 10 on Dell laptop and a Toshiba drive. You? I just did the clean reload routine again and still broken.

I am a bit of a nerd so I am running a pretty significant gaming PC.  I tested a lot and it seems to be on their end.  It crashes the first time I add a folder to Sync  BUT if I go in and delete that folder from Webroot, the gear icon starts working again.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@David127  - Any updates? did you get this solved with support?

No replies to me and they’ve had my data for over a week. I’m starting to get a wee bit angry! grrrrr

Someone from support needs to respond to this thread and give us a status!

what is the status of this issue? I’m still on an old version waiting for answer

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@bwarter ,

Was this not resolved with support? If not, please send me a private message with your support ticket number and I’ll look into it.

This has been going on for about 3-4 months! I must have deleted the ticket info. look for issues I have entered