Solved

Backup & Sync Problem.

Userlevel 7
I did a clean install of WSAC on my Win XP computer. I have backup already established in my account. Tried to login to backup on clean install and I get login failure. I tried with IE-8 and FF as default browsers, both failed. Looked in WRData File: "Sync Folder" with the following error: ERROR: "CSessionObject::Authenticate: Backend authorization for user failed (region 200, error 12152)" and "WARNING: ServiceRequest_SetCredentials: Error returned by service (12152)." When I try to login WSA starts "Performing Credential Validation to Establish Connection" then hangs at 99% for approx 20 seconds then fails to login. I only use backup on the XP computer. (I have no problem logging into my Webroot Account Console)

Is it time to Send a Support Ticket & Logs or is there a problem on Webroots end? 😉
icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 23 October 2013, 17:38

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi Dave!  I think you know more than I do about WSA, so I really don't have any ideas that you would not have thought of.  There was an issue with the Backup&Sync over the weekend.. maybe the problem you had yesterday is related to that?  
Userlevel 7
If it was over the weekend that the issue occurred, David's theory is probably right. When did you get this error? Was it today or over the weekend?
Userlevel 3
i believe theres still a problem with the backup becuase i cleaned up my computer and reinstalled but when trying to turn on backup it sits at credential validation 99% forever ?sorry to say this as wsa is very good software but the backup you guys have is very buggy and i have an issue still out there not fixed for a very long time now,imo the backup you had previously(sugar sync)worked.
Userlevel 7
Brihy, if the issues we thought were resolved are still occurring, could you please put in a support ticket so we can more effectively track this issue?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
If it was over the weekend that the issue occurred, David's theory is probably right. When did you get this error? Was it today or over the weekend?
This happened yesterday on a New Install of WSA. I tried again today and can't get it to go. Sending Trouble Ticket and logs. ;)

Userlevel 3
i have submitted ticket also but even when trying to sign into backup online i get timed out,refresh browser or try again later.
Userlevel 7
Working with Support to get a Fix on this problem. :D  Will update. 😉
Userlevel 7
Sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy. Backup & Sync is properly working now. I do have one glitch in the system. My stored GB have doubled with this fix. Backing up the same files as before problem. Support Ticket states to clean out my recycle bin in backup. I don't have a recycle bin where I deleted my backup and did a fresh backup.

As shown, GB used doubled with same files backed up and No Recycle Bin shown.
Userlevel 7
Dave, do you have two logins? Just on cursory inspection, this looks to me like what happens if a person creates one account, backs up a bunch of stuff, then creates another account, and backs up the same stuff. It says the "user" is using 5.56, so that tells me there is perhaps another "user" using the same amount of storage space.

Also, I think the reason you're not seeing "Empty Recycle Bin" is that you've got the Backup folder selected. Try selecting the Anywhere folder and checking the menu again.
Userlevel 7
Hi Jim,
I only have 1 account and 1 login from the beginning of WSA. Never had any others. I have a recycle bin in the "Anywhere" folder but it's empty. I never used the Anywhere Folder. Within the year a few times I deleted my backup in the backup file. GBs used went to 0. I deleted the last backup when Backup & Sync was having problems. It went back to 0 GB's used but when I did a fresh backup it doubled the GBs used.
Userlevel 7
I took a look at it on our end, and I have the same thought as the support tech working the case at this point. I see nothing wrong on our end (that doesn't necessarily mean there isn't something amiss though), but I can verify that it thinks you're using 11GB. We'd need to take a closer look at this point manually, which is why I think he's requesting either a call in or a scheduled callback.
Userlevel 7
I'll give Support a call. This is a screen shot before deleting backup. Will update after call. ;)

Userlevel 7
Update: Worked with Support yesterday via remote connection. Problem still there. Updated Support Ticket. Looks like communication problems with backup account. I'll update when it's sorted out. 😉
Userlevel 7
Backup & Sync is working but still having the problem of using 22% Backup and it records using 44% Backup. I received message from Support today:
--------------
Hello Dave,
We are currently looking into the situation and believe it relates to long file names and how they are
handled by the backup app.
I will be sure to advise when a solution is in place.
--------------
I'll update the forum when Support finds the solution. 😉
Userlevel 7
I have found the problem why B&S is showing double the percentage of backup I am using. There were files in my Sync folder not showing. In fact ALL my files that I had in Backup were in my Sync folder not showing. Sync folder showed empty. When I first used B&S it was on my Win XP computer and made sure no folders or files were in the Sync.

What I did to solve problem: All files I had in backup I put into the Sync folder. Now Sync showed 14.9 GB used and My Computer showed 5.78 GB used. I then deleted ALL files in Sync and then deleted ALL files in Backup. Both B&S folders showed empty. I did a uninstall and a fresh reinstall of WSA. Set up B&S and made sure no folders were in Sync. ALL GB's match now.:D

I looks like the problem was cause by Sync picking up files and not recording them properly. (But I never used Sync when I began B&S last year).

Userlevel 7
Thank you for providing us with an update! :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear Dave!

Cheers,

Daniel
Thanks for the info, ProTruckDriver!

Like you, I was also having the problem of my Webroot GUI (on my PC) showing that I has used twice as much storge as I actually had (Web console did show correct amount). You left a reply on my post which led me to your post here. I was also able to fix my problem thanks to your info. However, all I did was to delete my "Anywhere" folder (never used either) and did a complete uninstall/reinstall. Aftr reconfiguring my sync folders the amount of GB's used is now acurate and my PC GUI and WSA Web console match. Thanks again for the help.

Regards, BD