Solved

Backup & Sync Transition 2013

• 16 October 2012
  • 52 replies

Show first post

52 replies

Userlevel 1
Where to begin..

1) Firefox tool bar won't login. Support say its a problem with my hardware, I've followed recommended steps and still not working.

2) Now can't get at my passwords through the console. Support say my online account is corrupted and only way to fix it is to create a new online portal account, but I should save a local copy of my passwords. How do I do that, the link to the instructions is invalid and I can't get at my passwords on line or from my toolbar. Hmm!

3) Now tonight I've had a back up and sync  upgrade on my PC  but I follow the instructions and it won't let me login to complete the re-sync just says "The username or Password is invalid". My daughter has had the same problem on her PC.

I don't know what the best thing to do is in order resolve all these issues. My last ticket to support over 24 hours ago has not been answered. Hoping for better luck here.:@
Userlevel 1
Hello, my Webroot just updated to the new backup/sync solution. Is there any information anywhere about what the backend is, is it hosted, etc? Before with Sugarsync you knew what you were getting, for this solution I'd certainly be more prone to use it if I knew more about the architecture behind it.

With all the cloud storage solutions available (SugarSync, Spideroak, Dropbox, Box, Skydrive, etc) it would be great to know how the Webroot solution compares, how it is secured, what sort of redundancy it employs, and so forth.

Thanks
Terry