Solved

Best Antivirus With Webroot Secureanywhere Complete

Userlevel 1
Badge +9
Hello,

What is the best Antivirus or Anti-Malware programm that can work togheter with Webroot SecureAnywhere?
I hope someone can help me please i use now Malwarebytes Anti-Malware realtime next too Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Greats,

rnuis
icon

Best answer by Kit 6 May 2012, 22:39

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Many of the folks here will tell you that WSA itself is one of the best, if not the best, and works well all by itself too.  But since it runs alongside pretty much anything else if you want to, you can use anything that meets your needs.  There is no such thing as "the best".  Everything is a balance.  Detection capability often costs computer efficiency or false positives, extra features can be good or bad, and what is great in one function now might be horrible in a month and then back to great again.

Defining what is best is always a personal experience, since you must decide what is most important to you in the features, capabilities, and costs.  Nobody can answer that for you.
Userlevel 7
rnuis wrote: i use now Malwarebytes Anti-Malware realtime next too Webroot SecureAnywhere.
Looks good to me. :D 
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
ProTruckDriver,

What Firewall do you use then , only the Webroot firewall or with the windows firewall or a other firewall?
Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
muis,

SecureAnywhere is designed to work in tandem with the Windows firewall! This will give you full inbound and outbound protection. I recommend using SecureAnywhere with the Windows firewall. We are designed to play nice with your other security software 😉
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
Mike R,

Thanks for the reply , i will stick then too Windows 7 firewall. I hope Wsa will soon come out in the Dutch lanquage.

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
What Firewall do you use then , only the Webroot firewall or with the windows firewall or a other firewall?

Windows Firewall with Webroot Firewall as Mike said. 😃
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
Ok thanks for the reaction ProTruckDriver.

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
I know am testing Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5 with Wsa , does anyone got experions with this combo?

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I know am testing Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5 with Wsa , does anyone got experions with this combo?

Greats,

rnuis
I know of a user using this Combo and reports no issues with the two!:D

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
TripleHelix,

Don't you use any second antivirus or antimalware? Or do you only use Webroot?

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
TripleHelix,

Don't you use any second antivirus or antimalware? Or do you only use Webroot?

Greats,

rnuis
Just Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials as I'm a safe surfer and don't click on unknown files! But I do have a few On-demand scanners that only find yummy cookies which aren't dangerous! ;)

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
TH,

Ok thank you for the info , because Emsisoft is using a lot of memory on my system.

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
TH,

Ok thank you for the info , because Emsisoft is using a lot of memory on my system.

Greats,

rnuis
Just keep it and turn it off from running in realtime and use it On-demand when you think you need to run a scan! I just like to say that no AV or AM is100% on detection so you do have a good back up with Emsisof! And if you come across a infection that WSA can't clean just contact WSA support inbox Submit a Support Ticket and they will be happy to help you clean the infection free of charge! ;)

TH
Userlevel 1
Badge +9
Hello TH,

I now went back too Malwarebytes antimalware on realtime this is way lighter then Emsisoft i wi'll try this one i think.

Greats,

rnuis
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello TH,

I now went back too Malwarebytes antimalware on realtime this is way lighter then Emsisoft i wi'll try this one i think.

Greats,

rnuis
Hello muis,

Great choice!  ;)

Just like a "Perfect Marriage" : WSA & MBAM Pro.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello muis,

I agree with ProTruckDriver as WSA and MBAM is a great combo! And that's what I suggest to users that do want a layered approach to there security ;)

Cheers,

TH