Solved

Best Buy Rip off?!?!

• 27 January 2014
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Here is what I thought that I was getting when I got my WebRoot Anywhere. 

SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Powerful protection for all your devices keeping you safe no matter how or where you connect
"Ridiculously fast scans" keep you protected without interruptions or slowdownsphishing blocks fake websites that trick you into entering personal information and threat shields warn you of potentially infected websites before you visit
Create the last password you will ever need - Password Manager protects your logins and simplifies your life using just one master password to securely access all your favorite websites
Mobile security ensures you're protected from malicious apps and syncs online passwords across all your devices so they are accessible anywhere
Webroot automatically backs up photos and files with 25GB of online storage space you can access from all your devices
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 27 January 2014, 10:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
But here is what I got!

SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Keeps you secure anywhere, any time, on any device.
Detects and blocks known and unknown viruses and threats"Ridiculously fast scans" keep you protected without interruptions or slowdowns
Real-time anti-phishing blocks fake websites that trick you into entering personal information and threat shields warn you of potentially infected websites before you visit.
Create the last password you will ever need - Password Manager protects your logins and simplifies your life using just one master password to securely access all your favorite websites
Mobile security ensures you're protected from malicious apps and syncs online passwords across all your devices so they are accessible anywhere
Userlevel 7
There is almost certainly no rip off there.  Best Buy sells many different version of WSA: AV, Internet Security Plus, Complete, and also the Best Buy Subscription Software version which is basically the same as WSA-Internet Security Plus.

If you think you may have received the wrong version with your online order or in store purchase, please call 1-888-BEST-BUY and request assistance in verifying the items on your receipt and how much you paid.
Userlevel 4
I called Best Buy and it turns out when my sister bought it.... she didn't say which one she wanted,
She just told them that she wanted one that would cover a Toshiba laptop and a desktop computer as well so they gave her what they though was the best option for her price range.
Userlevel 3
The internet security is still plenty good, the protection is the same, just not all the extra bells and whistles that isn't really needed just nice to have, so your protection is still up to par with complete
Userlevel 7
The Best Buy WSA-Internet Security version features are closest to WSA-Internet Security Plus, however it has the added feature of the System Optimizer.  Really the only major feature not included is the Backup & Sync that is found in WSA-Complete only.