Solved

Bitcasa and Webroot

• 6 February 2013
  • 6 replies

Hi all.

So Bitcasa left beta today:
http://blog.bitcasa.com/

I have been using Bitcasa for a few months and the Infinite drive component on the three machines I have it and Webroot installed on has never worked.

My plan was to start this thread to possibly open a troubleshooting channel and hopefully gather reports from other Bitcasa/Webroot users as to whether they are seeing the same problems.
For anyone that would like to know I believe Bitcasa adds a drive (usually drive letter "i") and this is the infinite drive, effectively another drive on the machine that is virtual.

If other members have things I can try or support please ask away. 

Thanks everyone.

icon

Best answer by Dimtar 10 February 2013, 00:35

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Forums Dimtar!

I would like a little clarification.  What exactly is not working:  Is it the virtual drive itself that has not worked, or Webroot, or Webroot not working to protect the virtual drive?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi all.

So Bitcasa left beta today:
http://blog.bitcasa.com/

I have been using Bitcasa for a few months and the Infinite drive component on the three machines I have it and Webroot installed on has never worked.

My plan was to start this thread to possibly open a troubleshooting channel and hopefully gather reports from other Bitcasa/Webroot users as to whether they are seeing the same problems.
For anyone that would like to know I believe Bitcasa adds a drive (usually drive letter "i") and this is the infinite drive, effectively another drive on the machine that is virtual.

If other members have things I can try or support please ask away. 

Thanks everyone.

Betas are typically a little bit slower to get their files classified since not as many users have those files.  If it's Bitcasa that is having trouble operating, please scan the Bitcasa directory and then open a support case, stating you'd like to have that software determined.  Probably all that needs to happen is to have a threat researcher take a look through the directory and whitelist as appropriate.  Failing that, the Community may be able to offer other suggestions, but that's the first step to take and the one most likely to resolve the issue straightaway.  The determinations will be made at some point anyway, but contacting Support directly is a good way to speed up the process.
@DavidPhttps:///t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4764
Its the the virtual drive that is not working and I believe Webroot is blocking it. Part of the reason I posted what I really hoped that someone else could share their feedback and maybe we would find a real block or something else?
 @JimM
So I have scanned the Bitcasa directory inside Program Files and provided that log along with the link to this thread to support.
Hope we get somewhere on this. 🙂
So support have replied, they made some changes and I followed their instructions. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and now I am getting an error on load instead.

The error is still related to not being able to launch the Infinite drive and I have made a thread in the Bitcasa forum in regards to this. I am hoping together we can work it out. 🙂
Userlevel 7
I was unable to look up your support case using the same email address with which you signed up to the community.  Could you please private message me the email address you used to contact support?  I'd like to take a look to see if I can be more helpful in any way.

You have probably checked this, but does the new error persist with Webroot uninstalled?  We need to be sure it's a Webroot issue we're dealing with.
So i uninstalled Webroot. Re-installed Bitcasa and its still not working.

This must mean its related to the SugarSync Beta (I know this must sound weird but it broke other programs and they remain broken)

Thanks for the help, I guess I need to pursue SugarSync now. 😞