Solved

Blue screen

Userlevel 6
Hello USA;)
Last night, while I was working on my PC, the screen became black then blue or even reverse (sorry for this lack of precision but it was very late and  I had drunk too much of French wine:D) and then my PC was rebooted automatically!
Is it a virus ?
That's the Windows error report:

icon

Best answer by Rakanisheu Retired 10 June 2013, 17:49

View original

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
As I can't see the picture Please Submit a Support Ticket for they can gather somes logs and they can grab the Mini-Dump and that will tell what caused the crash and let you know.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Thanks Daniel
I did.
Userlevel 7
I wouldn't be surprised if support had identified a virus named Pinot Noir or Chardonnay or Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot 😃 While those kind of viruses are PC harmless we cannot say it about our head. :D
Userlevel 6
Hi pegas
I'm very pleased to see that there is almost another Webroot user who appreciates these wonderful nectars:D

But I'm a bit worried because I didn't received any answer to my support ticket:(
Userlevel 7
Bonjour Robert,

Let me check the support system, give me a minute!
Userlevel 7
Can you PM the email address that you used to create a ticket? I cant see the ticket in the system.
Userlevel 6
Hi
I PM my address.
Userlevel 7
I given the logs a good look over. It certainly looks like our driver that was reported by the crash dumps. However I see no signs of infection on the PC. I see no other unusual activity like HDD errors, bad services or odd running programs. My advise would be if it happens again let us know and we can do some investigation.Your system looks in good shape, Webroot isnt monitoring any system drivers and I had whitelisted the other programs.

One BSOD could just be down to Windows (you are running Vista after all :)) however if it happens a few times then something is definetely up. Keep an eye on the system and let me know how you get on. I`ll send a reply on the support system.
Userlevel 6
Hi Roy,
Thanks for your help!
If this problem occurs again I'll inform you.
Userlevel 6
Hello
The "blue screen" is back:(
But at office!
I was trying to update my work software with a technician connected to my PC with TeamViewer and during the update the same "blue screen" appears three consecutive times. I copied the message that was in English:

"A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
MUP_FILE_SYSTEM
If this is the first time you'ce seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow this steps:
Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need.
If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable Bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0X00000103 (0X00000001,0X88B07830,0X88A0B100,0X85FD08B8)"

The technician said that it's not a problem with the softaware.
Can you tell me if this problem is a possible conflict with WSA-C?
And if yes or if not can you help me?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Please Submit a Support Ticket on that machine so they can gather scan logs and mini dumps and they will be able to let you know.

Some info on the error code: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557215%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Salut Daniel
Merci+++
I open a ticket and sent a wsalog.
I read the Microsoft help but I didn't understand much !
That's too technical for me:@
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Salut Robert,

I'm sure it's not WSA but without looking at the mini dumps I wouldn't know but support will tell you!

Daniel
Userlevel 6
Bonjour Daniel
I hope that WSA support can help me.
I've not yet received their answer.
Userlevel 6
Hi
:(  :@
Oh rage ! Oh despair !;)

Userlevel 6
Hello
It's reallly a great disappointment for me to have not received any answer from Webroot support after 48 hours!
After several unsuccessful attempts, the technician who took the remote control of my PC could solve the problem.
But I'm very disappointed because he was able to install the update only after disabling WSA-C.
That's a great problem for me because I stay 48 hours without being able to work properly. I lost a lot of time and also some money ! It's sure my PC is faster than ever with WSA-C but I don't know if I can continue to use it on my work PC, because I can not afford to have again this kind of problem during my work!
Regards.
Userlevel 7
I do apologise the ticket was in the wrong queue, I am looking at it as we speak. I`ll post up what I find within the next 20 minutes.
Userlevel 7
There are no mini dumps in the logs. However can you tell me the name of the program that you are trying to update?

Is it any of the following?

c:program filesimagine editionshdupdatehdupdate.exe [D7F7B42995B7CACAC5BEF588A97BD87A]. Type: 9 (3661)
C:Program FilesVidal MenuVidalMenu.exe [D45D95786E57841C4762353F0675C569]
Userlevel 7
The logs look OK nothing really jumping out at me. No HDD errors or service crashes in the logs from what I can see. I dont have a copy of any minidumps. If you can get some minidumps to me it would be very helpful.

C:WindowsMinidumps

Userlevel 6
Hello Rakanisheu
Thanks.
Yes the program is "...imagine editions..." but now the update is done.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
The logs look OK nothing really jumping out at me. No HDD errors or service crashes in the logs from what I can see. I dont have a copy of any minidumps. If you can get some minidumps to me it would be very helpful.

C:WindowsMinidumps

I don't find the address "C:WindowsMinidumps" . I don't know what are Minidumps in French?
Userlevel 7
Let me whitelist that program and make some changes so in future we wont monitior it every again. Should hopefully fix it. I`ll reply when I am finished
Userlevel 6
OK
This program isn't new, only the update.
Userlevel 7
I have whitelisted as much as I can find with that program and I have whitelisted the rest of your KC. I dont reconise the software so sometimes the first person to report issues acts as a bit of a test user. I am quite suprised however that it caused a BSOD. Once again sorry for this, the ticket got lost in the wrong forum. If you have any further issues reply and I can personally take a look. I would also like you to run a quick deep scan for me.

Open the Webroot Software:

1. Click PC Security in the top tab of the Webroot Secure Anywhere window.
2. Open the Scan tab.
3. Click the Custom Scan link.
4. The default scan option is "Deep". Click Scan.

I hope this hasnt put you off Webroot, I have added 60 days to your account due to the hassle you have had. If you have any questions or issues just let me know.

Userlevel 6
Thanks Rakanisheu:D
Sorry, I was a bit angry!