Solved

Can I use my old version of SecureAnywhere complete to extend my current subscription?

Userlevel 2
Hello, I have an unused copy of secure-anywhere complete 2012. Can I use this to extend my current subscription? Thanks for your help. 🙂.
icon

Best answer by nic 12 August 2014, 00:54

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi notmy88

Yes, you can but you need to contact support with details of your current key that you want to add the unused time to, plus the unused key and they should be able to add the unused subscription to you existing one.

Hope that helps?

Regards

baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much! 🙂 I'll get on that asap.
Userlevel 7
Hi notmy88

My pleasure...do bear in mind that, I am assuming that you have purchased directly from Webroot or should I say, not from Best Buy rather?

But either way Support should be able to advise...also, it may take a little time to get this done as it is the weekend but hopefully it should go smoothly.. In case you need the Support Ticket link here it is.

Rgeards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
I think I did get it from a big box store.  😞.  I'll have to take a look at it later this week when I dig it out of my closet.
Userlevel 7
Hi notmy88

When I said 'get it from Webroot' I should have been clearer and not confused you...purchasing WSA from a store is not a problem...it is just that if one purchases from Best Buy it is their 'own' or rather a version specially produced for them and support is through the Geek Squad.  From any other store should equate to 'getting it from Webroot' so don't worry.  One way or another you can get the unused subscription added to your existing subscription.

If you run into any issues accomplishing that then just come back here and let us know.  We will then see how to assist you further. ;)

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 2
Okay, cool, looks like I should be good to go. No response from support though yet. 😞. Any mods able to assist?
Userlevel 7
Hi notmy88

Hope that you are well?

That is most unlike Support...but just in case it has slipped through the net let me ping our most excellent Community Manager @ and see if he would be able to assist you in getting this finally taken care of?

He may not be on as it is the weekend but I am sure that he will see this Monday and hopefully can assist thereafter.  And if that does not work then do come back again and we will see what more can be done to assist at this end.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 2
Thank you so much Baldrick!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Okay, cool, looks like I should be good to go. No response from support though yet. 😞. Any mods able to assist?
Hello notmy88

Sorry our Support team hasn't answered you yet but as Baldrick has said hes pinged nic our moderator and this wil get straightened out for you!

Have a great day! And hope to see you back on a better note!;)

Salute'

Userlevel 2
No worries, thanks all for the help.  I'll touch back this week.  🙂 thanks again.
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
No worries, thanks all for the help.  I'll touch back this week.  🙂 thanks again.
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Hi notmy88!
Monday (tomorrow) I'm sure support will get back to you. 
Thank you,
Beth

Userlevel 7
Hi Beth

Nic has already been notified/pinged back in post 8 of this thread in case you had missed it!

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
Thank you Baldrick, I looked for it and did not see it

Beth
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I looked for a support ticket under the email address that you used for your community account and didn't find one.  Perhaps the ticket didn't get created successfully for some reason (or maybe you used a different email address).

Either way, I created a new ticket so support should contact you today.  Please let me know if you don't hear from them!
Userlevel 2
Thanks everyone.  I do use a different email address for my webroot subsription.  I did get a hold of support, but they said I would have to enter it in 1 day before my current subscription expires so I don't loose time.  Is there anyway to just add the new time to my additional time without sacrificing my current subscriptions last couple months?

Support, "Please note that you should wait 1 day before your current Webroot subscription expires before entering your new keycode as the new keycode will override the remaining days that you have on your current subscription"

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Thanks everyone.  I do use a different email address for my webroot subsription.  I did get a hold of support, but they said I would have to enter it in 1 day before my current subscription expires so I don't loose time.  Is there anyway to just add the new time to my additional time without sacrificing my current subscriptions last couple months?

Support, "Please note that you should wait 1 day before your current Webroot subscription expires before entering your new keycode as the new keycode will override the remaining days that you have on your current subscription"

PM me the email address you use for your subscription and I'll see if there is any way to combine the days into the existing keycode.
Userlevel 2
Thank you everybody for the help.  Nic helped me with the situation and now I'm good to go. ;)