I have had an issue for months regarding using Webroot on multiple computers that run Windows 10 and Windows Defender Antivirus Software. I can no longer use Webroot on these devices.
Windows Defender is the only Antivirus Software I can use. Webroot will no longer open & I can not turn it on exclusively run as my Antivirus of choice or with Windows Defender.
I have even tried to re-download the installer and it will not execute it.
Please let me know if there is a solution to resolve this issue with using your software. Thank you.
Best answer by jhartnerd123
When the Webroot agent is installed or any AV product for that matter (for the most part), Windows itself picks up the flag set and registered by the product saying that another security product is installed and to turn off or sleep most of the Windows Defender settings so as to not conflict.
I believe something else is going on with your OS rather than it being a Webroot install issue. You can contact support for assistance, but you should first try the few things below as well
- open an admin command prompt and run the command “sfc /scannow” (no quotes). Let that check the OS
- Run Disk cleanup and clear out all your temp files etc.
- Run windows update and install all the updates/patches
- From the admin command prompt run “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth” (no quotes). This will check the OS image health
- If any errors found from same command prompt run “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” (no quotes) to perform a repair
- Also from command prompt run a “chkdsk /f” (no quotes). You’ll need to press Y to allow it to run after a reboot. This will check and repair drive file system errors.
Ensure you have a fresh installation file of the Webroot program. You shouldn’t need to disable or turn off anything regarding Windows Defender and try the installation again.
If none of these work, you can contact support, but I might also go so far as to suggest a backup and a wipe/reload of the entire OS, then run all your updates, and then as the very first program you re-install, make sure you install Webroot.
Hope this helps