can't clean android apps "monkey test & time service"

• 26 July 2015
  • 2 replies

my tablet (samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 Android 4.1.2) has been infected by "monkey test & time service". i tried to uninstall and done by webroot but after one hour its appear again and again and again. could you please help me to clean it? thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi subarsumindo

Welcome to the Community Forums.

From what I have been reading about this 'critter' it would seem to be a really persistent piece of 'crapware' and that removing it will not be easy. I am afraid that I have little knowledge of Android but anm wondering if our resident expert on Android, ?, may be able to help or know someone who can?  (I have pined her to make her aware of the issue).

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi subarsumindo,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry for this issue you are experiencing. This is a tough one I must admit. ( Thankyou ? I can certainly try )

EDITED: If you un-install the app and disable "Unknown sources" that might help. You may want to check "Device Administrators" in the Security settings of your phone and see if any unexpected app has powers there that you do not think it should have.  If it does clear its tick box when you next un-install the problem apps and that should prevent anything other than you bringing them back.

This is probably due to some other app you installed. Or this could be malware.You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the behavior stops. Alternatively, you could do a factory reset--then, after the Setup Wizard is done, go immediately to the Play Store and stop any app that might be automatically reinstalling.

My best advice now if this all fails is to submit a Support Ticket and have the team help you with this free of charge.
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please let us know if this gets resolved or not because this will be valuable help for others.

Kind Regards,