Solved

can't get into Webroot toolbar

• 30 December 2012
  • 5 replies

I just installed Webroot Complete on my desktop and laptop. On both system I cannot log into my Webroot toolbar. It tells me "unknown email address". I have no problem logging to my webroot account- just the toolbar. What am I doing wrong here? :8
icon

Best answer by JimM 2 January 2013, 16:55

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
I don't see that you have created a MyWebroot account. I used the email address that you signed up on the Community with and was not able to locate your online account. I see that your keycode is "Inactive" as well. Can you please Send me a Private Message with the associated email address if you have created one? If not, you can Create Your MyWebroot account and enter the Walmart keycode.
I signed up a few hours ago and I am having the same problem along with the fact that webroot is blocking internet access for Synology.
rooter
Userlevel 7
Rooter, this might be a permissions issue in your case.  When you go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com/ and sign in, click your email address, and go to manage users.  Does it say "Access" under "Passwords?"  If not, click the little guy with the pencil and put checks in the boxes for Passwords Services and Passwords.  Then save.  If you already have access, it would be good to know if the Passwords tab loads or not when you click on it.  Please click that tab and let us know if it loads.
Thanks Jim. Have access and the password tab is loading. My Synology program  files  in the files list  show as not being blocked but the Synology program tells me every time I try to start it that it cannot access the internet to find the "Synology Server". Is there more than one list that shows which programs are blocked or unblocked ?

Rooter
Userlevel 7
Rooter, as far as the Synology portion of the problem goes, it would be best to take that issue through the support system so Support can see precisely what WSA is doing regarding that program.  It seems strange to me that internet access would be blocked.  That's traditionally a firewall sort of problem, and WSA's outbound firewall would not do that automatically unless the program was already classified as an infection, which is not the case or it would not run at all.  Have you tried shutting down WSA briefly just to see if it's actually WSA causing the issue?  I'd suggest trying that first.

As far as the toolbar goes, could you private message me the keycode in use in the program (open WSA -> My Account) and the email address you're attempting to sign in with?  It would also be useful to know which browser you're attempting to use the toolbar in and if it works in an alternate.  For instance, say you tried in Chrome but not Firefox yet.  It would be useful to know if it fails in both or just one.  I can verify the account created properly on our end (the fact the tab works verifies this), so it seems more likely this is either a username/password entry issue or a problem with the toolbar itself than an account issue.  We can rule out the former once I know for sure which email address and keycode you're using, and if necessary, by performing a password reset (feel free to try this in advance of sending me the requested info).  For the latter, I'd suggest running this toolbar utility.