Can Webroot detect T9000 virus

• 20 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Can Webroot detect T9000 virus

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I would say it does! Do you have an MD5 for me to check out? The WIN Cloud is always on the lookout for nasties!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Agreed, Daniel...the T9000 is a spawn or development of the T5000 (saw an article about this just a little while ago), which has been around for quite a while and so it is most likely that this threat is well recognised within the Webroot Cloud, and therefore the local client will protect the system from it.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thanks guys for the quick response, totally appreciated.

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Unfortunately TRIPLEHELIX I don't have an MD5 for you to check out. What ever the hell that is !!!!!. Please forgive me I'm not up to speed with the acronyms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello MrFlash,

May I also Welcome you to the Community. ? is off line right now but if I may assist and explain a MD5 file?

What is a MD5 file? Files that contain the .md5 file extension are checksum files that are used to ensure that the data within a file is complete and has not become corrupt. An MD5 file verifies the integrity of downloaded files, discs and disk images.MD5 files use an algorithm that is based on the number of bits that a file should contain. Please look here for further information.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum

Also it's quite alright not to understand this because on this Forum we learn alot from others being on here. And it's smart of you to ask. It helps others to know as well. This can be overwhelming if you don't understand ;)

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Hi MrFlash

No worries about the lack of an MD5, you can if yo would like submit the file in question directly to Webbroot for review. And to do this you should use the 'Submit file' tab on this site. use the 'Select a file' option to navigate to the file in question and select it. Enter the verification characters requested and then submit the request.

The Threat Research Team should be back to you fairly quickly with a determination as to the validity, i.e., 'goodness' or 'badness' of the file.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick