Solved

Cannont log in to Passwords toolbar / Passwords console page is blank

Show first post

44 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks for the extensive feedback, and sorry that the process is frustrating.  I've passed your post along to some of the folks here who manage support escalations and development, so they can incorporate that into their planning process.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I heard back that a lot of what you're mentioning is already being worked on, including a bunch of API improvements.  Stay tuned for new improvements in the future!
Nic,

Thanks for following up. I am glad to hear that these issues are being addressed... at least some of them.

I am REALLY struggling wih this issue where I cannot access my passwords on my desktop or online consoles. I used to reply on these to fill in forms for online purchases. Now I have to grab my purse, pull out my cards, and fill in each. I have to do this several times a day. Its frustrating.

I am wondering if you have heard about this issue or could look into it. Here's what happens.

I open either console (either on my computer or online) and click the passwords tab. The password page quickly polulates (so I know the data I imported is there) and then vanished and the sign in page shows up. Is this an issue that is being addressed? Has anyone found a solution? I would appreciate you checking it out.

Oh yeah, can you tell me what an "API improvement" is?

Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
API stands for Application Program Interface - it's typically an interface built by programmers to allow other systems to talk to their software.  Since our password manager is a rebranded version of LastPass, we use the LastPass API to talk to the LastPass system.  The API improvements would allow us to improve the product and make better diagnostic tools.

As to your issue - are you still working with support on it and have a ticket open?  If so I can look into what is going on and try to get the issue resolved or escalated.  If not, then I can put in a support escalation and have someone contact you again to make sure we get you fixed.
Nic, thanks for the reply.

When I got off the phone with my tech person my understanding was that he had no idea what to do about the problem with my console just reloading the signin page rather than opening the PW tab. So, no, there is no open ticket or tech support person "on the case" so to speak.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Nic, thanks for the reply.

When I got off the phone with my tech person my understanding was that he had no idea what to do about the problem with my console just reloading the signin page rather than opening the PW tab. So, no, there is no open ticket or tech support person "on the case" so to speak.

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks!
Ok let me see if I can get someone back on the case!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok support escalations has entered a ticket in the dev system for them to fix this bug.  I don't see any workaround on the ticket, so it doesn't look like we can do anything until they get a fix out and deployed, unfortunately.  I'll keep you posted when I hear more about a timeline.  
Thanks, Nic. You rock.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing, anytime!  Sorry you're stuck in the meantime.  Is there any way you can figure out the old password?
I know the old password and can access the WR password toolbar. What I cannot access through the tool bar is my form fill (i.e. credit card numbers, etc.)

I created a new user ID and then imported the file from my old user ID file. I can see that the PW data was imported because when I select the PW tab it opens briefly and the data is populated. It then just disappears and the sign-in page appears. That's the specific bug I am trying to find a solution for.

I'd be insane if I could not get to ANY of my PWs. Seriously. I was so relieved that I could download my passwords in case of another issue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok, I gotcha now.  And I guess you can't export anything without the console so you're a bit stuck.  Hopefully we'll get a fix soon.  I'll check in periodically with the escalations folks to see how it is going.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok I'm told this should now be fixed, so please let me know if you're able to get to your passwords in the console.
My console icon won't open. it has a yellow lock over it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
In that case please contact support by clicking here:
https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp
and they'll be able to troubleshoot and either get this fixed, or get it documented for our escalation team.  Please let us know how it goes!
Nic, thanks for your diligence in pushing this forward. I rebooted my computer and was able to access my WR console, but the password page is still blank.

My tool bar icon still contains my passwords.

I have tried to sign into my other user name but it uses my old password for the toolbar and the new password for the console, so I get a blank page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
In that case give support a call and see if there's anything further they can do to get this working.  There might be a step they need to do that I'm not aware of.  
Thanks, Nic. Now I go back to where do I find the webroot support phone number. suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Here you go:
http://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

That has the phone numbers and links to create a ticket online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok so there are a few remaining issues that haven't been fixed that they're working on - should be later this week hopefully.