Solved

Cannot delete Software from PCs

• 26 May 2020
  • 4 replies

Our PCs were setup with Webroot SecureAnywere Internet Console. Unfortunately, we do not recall the security code, nor are we able to remember security question.

When we try to delete the software on each PC using the Windows 10 app/program process for deleting apps/programs, it says we need to do this via the Webroot web console. Since we cannot access the web console, we are stuck. 

Is there any other way to delete the software on PCs?

I’ve tried working with product support via a ticket, and they told me to call. I did, but unfortunately, there’s at least a 30 minute wait time to get to a Tech Support person. 

Due to the Covid-19 situation, our small business will be closing. As their tech support, I was asked to “cleanup” the PCs so we can sell them. Short of a complete Windows 10 reinstall, I am not able to do this with the Webroot software.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks for your help - Rick

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 May 2020, 18:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @fgswaterloo 

Uninstall WSA in Safe Mode with Networking and you should be able to uninstall. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Thanks,

Thank you for that alternative. I will give that a try this evening after the store is closed for the day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@fgswaterloo  just to add you can try this either in Normal Mode and if it will not let you again try in Safe Mode with Networking.

"C:\Program Files\Webroot\WRSA.exe" -uninstall

Great to know! I will try that today as well.