Cannot save configuration & cannot securely delete from context menu

• 17 January 2014
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hello Support,

I have been using WSA Complete on my PC since NOV 2011. As I had many issues with it recently, so I decided to reinstall it from scratch when I switched to a new keycode. After the running the official uninstallation of WSA I even manually deleted all WSA related regisrty keys and even folders the WSA uninstaller ususally leaves on the disk eg. those described at http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=345121

Then I have created a new console for the new keycode I used for reinstalltion and left my old console behind.

Then I have installed the latest version (8.0.4.46) on 2 laptops so far and face different issues on these machines as follows.

Laptop 1:
----------------------------------
Whenever I want to chaneg any setting in "Advanced Setting / Backup & Sync" and then try to save it, rigth after entering the correct CAPTCHA I get an error message: "The operation failed with error code 21. Please wait for a few moments and try again. Contact Webroot Support is this error persist."

PS. I had exactly the same error on this laptop with previous installation v8.0.4.42, that is why I decided to clean-up and re-install WSA from scratch.

Laptop 2:
---------------------------------
Whenever I select a file (regardles of what file type is that) or a folder and select "Permanently erase with Webroot" from the context menu, then WSA runs a scan (!!!) on the selected item(s) instead of securely deleting them!

PS. I had exactly the same error on this laptop with previous installation v8.0.4.42, that is why I decided to clean-up and re-install WSA from scratch.

To my best knowledge, I totally cleaned up and re-installed Webroot SA Complete from scratch (even with a new console), still I have the same errors on both laptops again. Has anyone any idea how to fix these issues?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi Gyozo

We have not corresponded yet in the Forum...but again congratulation on your recent promotions. :D

May I suggest that given the nature of the the issues you have raised (and which I tried to replciate on the latest beta version v8.0.4.48 which is just out...as a beta release...but could not) that you Open a Support Ticket (I am sure you know where to go for that ;)) as the only thing that we can sugest here is...exactly what you have tried...with unfortunately no success.

Contacting Support directly will be a better bet that waiting for someone from the Support Team to read this thread.

If you do and they sort you out then of course please post back with the information...so that we can all increase our knowledge on how to handle this issue should it ever present itself via other users.

Have a great weekend...and see you around. ;)

Regards

Baldrick