cant login even if they give me a new password on my web root security anywhere. on my computer.

• 18 January 2014
  • 8 replies

cant login even if they give me a new password on my web root security anywhere. on my computer.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello senses and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

Can you please supply more information as your question is quite vague?

Thanks,

TH
I'm having the same issue.  Somehow I got logged into the Community (have no idea how!) but first I tried to log in but didn't have my password handy so I wanted to re-set it.  I got the link via email with no problem, but every time I try to re-set the password I get the message that the passwords don't match. 
Userlevel 7
Hi maicakid

Are you referring to the Community Forum password (I suspect not as you are postinghere) or the Web Console password (completely different from the former)?  Need to make sure that we are all on the same page/looking at the same thing. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Be sure that your webroot community and any other webroot page passwords are the same to avoid this issue in the future.

I know for sure that if you got a new passowrd that it should match the password you enter in the wedroot community if you indeed changed the password from your community settings.

If you changed that password from anywhere else within webroot than your password would not match the one for the community.
Userlevel 7
Hi MdofDarkheart

Would you be able to clarify what you mean by "...your webroot community and any other webroot page passwords are the same to avoid this issue in the future"?  The reason I ask is that as far as I can see the Community username & password are something completely different to those required/used for one's Web Console, which is what the OP was referring to (unless I am completely mistaken).

Regards

Baldrick

I was able to reset my password for the Community (apparently, as I got in) but using the same password as the Community, I can't reset the main Webroot password to get into my account.  So, I don't understand the comment telling me to be sure they're the same.
Well, I was able to reset the Console password, FINALLY...I got options i never saw before.  Haven't logged in there yet as I don't have access to my security code right now.  I'll try tomorrow.
Userlevel 7
Hi micakid

Hope that you are keeping well?

Glad to see that it looks like you are moving forward albeit slowly. Let us know how you get on with the logging to the Console following the reset...and what further issues you have...we are here to help and if I do not know the answer(s) I am sure that i can tag a fellow user who will.

Regards

Baldrick