Solved

CC Cleaner VS System Optimizer

• 21 December 2013
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
I wonder what Is the Different or what these two software's do that other on dose not do ?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 22 December 2013, 00:12

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello venus60!

That is a very good question... and I don't have the answer as I don't user CCLeaner  :)  But what I can offer is the User Guide portion for System Optimizer  Take a good read over that, and also go into your own advanced settings to see the full list of what you can clean with it.  Just compare that to what you know about CCLeaner :)

Hopefully that is of SOME help, though hopefully someone else here has more experience with CCLeaner and can give you a more specific, detailed comparisan.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear David1970.

Thanks .  My QuickTime Player Is not working and I was told to Install the CC Cleaner to delete the old Registry Files and Reinstall the QuickTime, Unfortunately, Still dose not work. That's why I Installed the CC Cleaner. I think Its more like a Registry Cleaner I am not sure.
Userlevel 7
CCLeaner does do Cache Cleaning, but also obsolete registry keys from what the website says.  The System Optimizer in WSA does not go into the Registry to a great degree, but it might help.

What OS is your computer?
Userlevel 7
This Thread might help.  

The listing for Revo might be an option, but only if your computer is Windows based.  Note that the free version does not support 64 bit, but there is a trial for the Pro version available.  Make sure you read the documentation about it: I have not actually used Revo myself, but it has been well reccomended by several Community members.

Userlevel 7
Hi David

I would certainly back you re. the Revo recommendation...used the free version for many years and was so impressed that I eventually paid for the Pro version...and have never regretted that decision.

Hi venus60

And welcome to the Community Forums. :D

Following on from what David said, if you have not already uninstalled  the QuickTime Player then, and you are running a 32bit version of Windows then install Revo and then select the uninstallation of the Player via the Revo interface.  Make sure that it automatically creates a System Restore point before running the Player standard uninstaller, and when it asks if you would like to scan for leftover entries & files/folders make sure that you select the 'Medium' setting.  If it reveals any leftover Registry entries then do check them and make sure that you only select the highlighted items for deletion, if you decide to delete these.  Also, if and when offerred to delete files & folders (the last step) again check carefully that all the folders highlighted for deletion look sensible, i.e., any folder that does not seem associated with the app that you are uninstallaing should not be selected.

If you are running the 64bit version of Windows, then as David rightly points out, yo will need to use the Pro version trial...but it works in exactly the same way as the free version.

If you have already uninstalled the QuickTime Player then just install Revo, reinstall the QuickTime Player and then uninstall it again via Revo, to find and hopefully get rid of the leftovers.

If you knew all of that then my apologies for telling you something that you already know...but better to be thorough than not. ;)

Please post back and let us know how you get on re. this issue.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Baldrick......

WOW.  Thank you VERY much for the much more detailed info! :)

TEAMWORK.  I love that around here 🙂
Userlevel 7
David

Absolutely no problems.  Always happy to share if I think I know. 😉 and learn from those who do. :D

And as you say...with a slight modification (if you will permit).  "TEAMWORK.  We love that around here".  It is what makes this forum one of the best on the InterWeb. :p

venus60

If you have any further questions on the use of Revo please do not hesitate to post them in this thread or if you prefer you are most welcome to PM me with them, and I will do my best to answer them.

Regards to you both

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.

I have Installed the Revo pro 30 days free trial version, I did uninstalled the Quicktime using Revo and Installed the fresh Quicktime using Revo, It did deleted bunch of old registry files. But still I get the same Error 46 message.
Error 46: Could not load or find the QuickTime ActiveX Control.
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Apologies if I missed it but what version of Windows are you running/having this issue under?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.
Thank you very much for your help.
I have Window 7, 64 bit, Core I7

Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

OK, thanks.  That helps.

Well, we are somewhat outside the remit of the Community Forum, i.e., assistance with WSA issues, etc., but I think that I can stretch the case here :D and advise as to what I would do in the same circumstances which is to Google the issue using the following search string, or something similar:

"error 46 could not load or find the quicktime activex control windows 7" (without the quotes, of course)

That should get you to the right area to find assistance in terms of possible solutions.  I have done that and picked out the following link (which is given a Green checkmark by the WSA Web Threat Shield...BTW ;)):

http://blogs.creativecow.net/blog/13039/quicktime--error-46-could-not-find-or-load-activex-control

as being a good candidate for you to consider (crucially it is a recent article/post and it relates to Windows 7).  Therein there is a reference to another article (which is given a Green checkmark by the WSA Web Threat Shield) and if you go to that one you are then looking for a heading/sub section title entitled "Apple Quicktime 7.x Annoyances" under which the relevant steps for a potential solution are described.

Would suggest that you read through the main article and the further linked one, and decide as to whether what is being suggested as the solution is within your comfort zone to do (not trying to be patronising here as I do not know your level of PC knowledge, etc...but it is important to make sure that before you 'tweak' anything you have some confidence that you will not make things worse...otherwise leave it to someone who does feel confident that they can undertake this successfully).

Hope that helps you in some way?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.

First of all, thank you very much for your help, and I totally understand this Issue has nothing to do with Webroot.
But I appreciate your help, and concern.

I looked at that link, and I think I have to Download a file, and give a permission to that file to do certain things.

I am going to do some more research before doing that, Because I am not to familiar with systems and registries, therefore I may do some Damages to my computer.
But Thanks Again.
Userlevel 7
Venus60, 

Well put, and thank you for reading as Baldrick suggested.  He is out for the night, but he will probably be back on tomorrow.  We don't mine trying to help and trying to locate material that will help, but we do sometimes get nervous about it and worry that others wont read everything before clicking.

Thank you and let us know how things turn out 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

As David has indicated we like to try to help/guide Community members as and where we can, even if the subject not really in our 'province'.  Again, as David has said you are doing the right thing by reading through the suggested solution. :D

If, and before, you decide to act on the solution I would recommend that you at least make sure that System Restore is working, and have a specifc Restore Point made before making any changes.  Better still, if you have the facility to create an image of your hard drive, I would do so...so that you have a back up of everything as was before the change.  However, System Restore should do the trick (will restore your system files, etc., but leave your data alone) as if you are not set up for imaging it is not something that you can do at the drop of a hat.

I am not trying to scare/put you off, or anything, just recommend soome sensible precautions to take...just in case there is a problem as a result of implementing the solution.  It just makes good sense to try to be prepared.

Anyway, also as David has said...post back and let us know how you get on. ;)

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +13
I regularly use CCleaner and have had no issues with it.I second what Baldrick said in using caution in terms of backing up your system first,preferably an image based backup,before doing any edits with CCleaner to the registry.I have found WSA's system optimizer does a great job cleaning tracks and such.I only ever use CCleaner for it's registry cleaner as WSA's system optimizer does a great job in all other respects.I only run CCleaner's registry cleaner maybe once a month,or after a major software uninstall.Carefully scrutinize the results and uncheck anything that doesn't pertain to what was recently uninstalled.These type of tools can cause signifigant damage if used outside of their default settings.I have worked on other's pc's and have seen graphics drivers stop functioning,damage to the .net framework,damage to system files,etc.I would advise use of registry cleaners only under the trained eye of someone who knows what they are looking at.If you are concerned whether an entry is safe to delete or not,you can click on CCleaner's results window and click on hold down shift and print screen then paste that to a paint document which then can be uploaded to a forum like www.bleepingcomputer.com for review by someone.It's always better to be safe than sorry.

Regards,
Dan