Solved

certain site - slow download

• 22 October 2015
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +15
I regularly download "free" designs for embroidery work and have for months. Since installing webroot complete I find the site stalls and will finally progress and very slowly download. How can I prevent these problems at a particular site? How can I set the software (webroot) to allow this site to work?
icon

Best answer by caa1 23 October 2015, 15:32

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Community!

What OS and browser are you using?  If by chance you are using Windows OS and Chrome browser, have you tried using a different browser, FireFox for instance, to see if the performance on the download speed it better?
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
I use Firefox.
Userlevel 7
Thanks for the reply!  I know some users have had some performance issues using the Chrome browser, but FireFox has not been affected by that.  Perhaps it is something to do with that specific site, but I am not sure.

?, you are better at Web Filter issues than I am, do you have any insight on this one my friend?
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
OK. Thanks. Just strange that this started after installing W.Root.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
OK. Thanks. Just strange that this started after installing W.Root.
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Can you please post the link so we can check it?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Badge +15
Daniel and all who replied;

As an upgrade to this problem ... I rec'd an email today from the website saying they had corrected "their" problem. Hopefully that was what was wrong and just happened to coincide with the install of Wr. Thanks to all who tried to help me. Nice to know you guys are there. Always takes more than one brain!
Userlevel 7
Thank you for letting us know.  I admit I was a bit lost in trying to come up with the cause.... that explains it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Daniel and all who replied;

As an upgrade to this problem ... I rec'd an email today from the website saying they had corrected "their" problem. Hopefully that was what was wrong and just happened to coincide with the install of Wr. Thanks to all who tried to help me. Nice to know you guys are there. Always takes more than one brain!
Awesome and Thanks for letting us know!

Daniel 😉