changing the keycode on laptop

• 14 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Had two "Complete" licenses. One on my laptop/tablet and one on my home desktop.  The lic. on the loptop expired.  Tried to enter the desktop's keycode (still have time on that lic.) onto the laptop but when I hit "activate" the window goes to "activating" for a minute or so and then goes blank again with no message and the old keycode is still present.  How do I put the laptop on the same lic as the desktop?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Had two "Complete" licenses. One on my laptop/tablet and one on my home desktop.  The lic. on the loptop expired.  Tried to enter the desktop's keycode (still have time on that lic.) onto the laptop but when I hit "activate" the window goes to "activating" for a minute or so and then goes blank again with no message and the old keycode is still present.  How do I put the laptop on the same lic as the desktop?
Hello bobreeve,

Welcome to the Community Forum,

I will try to help you here. I would do this..

Since your license is for multiple computers and you have installed WSAC on your desktop then, you should uninstall the software from your laptop. To uninstall the Webroot software, go to the Windows Start menu, select All Programs (or Programs), select the Webroot software, and select the Uninstall option.

To install or reinstall Webroot SecureAnywhere on a computer, simply download and run the installer file and enter your keycode.  To have download and installation instructions emailed to you, click here.

You can also use this information here as well.

Do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely! (This installer is not for a Mac.)

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again

Please let us know if you continue to have this problem and we can further assis yout with more avenues.:D

Best Regards,