Solved

Chrome Toolbar

• 23 November 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Trying to get my Mother's laptop set up to use the Chrome toolbar, but when she tries to login, it tells her that the "Email address is unknown". She uses the very same address to login on the web conslle without any difficulty, but the chrome toolbar will not accept it. Any ideas or suggestions/ Rebooting doesn't seem to help.
icon

Best answer by DannyK 26 November 2012, 22:38

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Have you tried what Jim suggested here? http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Google-Chrome-Webroot-app-added-without-me-downloading/m-p/15814#M1464

TH
Userlevel 3
Yeah. we did that yesterday. It said it would take about 15 minutes or so to set up. Considering it has been almost 24 hours, I would have thought it would be recognized now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm not sure if any Webroot Staff will we online today as it's the Thanksgiving weekend in the US so if you feel you can't wait please Submit a Support Ticket as the support inbox is on duty 24/7.

TH
Userlevel 7
Danny, did you put in a support ticket? In the other case, TripleHelix referenced, I've been following up with shortstuf888 via private message, and it appears she's reporting the same kind of behavior.

Some users have reported that creating a new user in the console seems to circumvent the issue, and they can use Passwords with that new user/email address. If you try that route, please let us know if that works for you or not. Otherwise, please private message me the email address if you haven't already created a support ticket, and I'll take a look for you.
Userlevel 3
Jim. the issue is not mine, but my Mother's account. She is not willing to join the community (for whatever reason) and she is not concerned about using the toolbar, so I have just let it go. The toolbar works great for me and I am having no issues with it from my laptop. I appreciate the quick replies by TH and by you. As far as I am concerned it is a non-issue at this point. No support ticket was started since she has decided that she doesn't care about it one way or the other.
Userlevel 7
Ok Danny. If she changes her mind later, I'll be happy to investigate for you. Just let me know. 🙂