chrome/webroot filter extension issue?

• 2 December 2014
  • 9 replies

just started using Chrome for windows 8.1, due to lagging issues with IE and Opera.  I'm noticing that more often than not, when i try to open my email, any link or new window, it's giving me  "extenision, waiting for Webroot filtering extention".  is something wrong with my system? Chrome?  A setting I need to adjust?  because this lag time is off the charts.   thanks much

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello, bdomino93,

Welcome to the Community,

Do you have the latest google Chrome?Version 39.0.2171.71 m EDIT: Please look at this LINK

Here's the Webroot Extension Filter https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

If this doesn't help then please get back to us for alternative messures.

Best Regards.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @ 

After being adfvised by the other Forum Experts, You need to go into Chrome Settings/Extensions and delete the Webroot Fitering Extension  and install the Webroot Filtering extension for Chrome and then restart Chrome .

Let us know if this helps or not because we can do a clean reinstall of webroot if this doesn't help.

Thanks,
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi Sherry,
After the filtering extension mysteriously disappeared, I readded it, but as you know, it is not functioning. I tried to follow the instrunctions to delete then use the link above to add it, but inlike others extensions listed, it will not let me uncheck the box to disable it. Duh. How do I delete it?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi celz1357,

Please do a uninstall/reinstall of Webroot as shown below: Ok?

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE) Let us know if it is the Mac version you need
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? I'll be waiting if you still have trouble.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi again celz1357,

I just wanted to add these links for availabilitiy.

The Chrome Store has the Webroot Webfilter and Webroot Password Manager,

Webroot Webfilter:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-filtering-extensi/kjeghcllfecehndceplomkocgfbklffd

And for those that have Password Manager:https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/webroot-password-manager/ngkhgikojglcgnckopipfdajaifmmnnc
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Thanks, Sherry, great instructions! But, fairly inept with installs these days, so waiting till call center open again in case something goes awry. (Would be afraid to use machine tonight if I could not get WSA up and running again) WIll let you know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sure thing celz1357!

That's very smart to wait for Support if this is challenging for you. Completely understandable. Webroot Support is the best and it is free with your Webroot subscription.

Do you have the Support number? Just encase:

Mon - Fri 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MST)
Tel: https://tel:+18666124268

Please let us know when you get a chance how things go. But I am positive that your issue will be resolved quite quickly.;)
Userlevel 5
Badge +15
Hi Sherry,
Had WSA downloaded and found the key, but couldn't make it past the pesky (but neccessary) squiggle code. After about 4 tries, I called support. Naturally, the Webroot tech did it the first time. So it's all up and running now -- thanks to you and phone support!

May the Force be with you!!!
(Sorry, could not resist)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there celz1357,

Wonderful! That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know:D

Love this:"May the Force be with you!!!"

ROFLMHO!

Have a great weekend:D