Computer asks me if it is okay for Webroot to make changes to the computer. How do I stop it?

• 22 December 2015
  • 2 replies

Lately, each time I start up I am greeted by a pop-up question that asks if it okay for Webroot to make changes to this computer. Of course, the answer is yes.  Why must I answer more than once.  Is there a way to stop the continued pop-up question?

2 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the UAC notifications. This is a known issue and I'm sure Webroot is working diligently to rectify the situation. In the mean time you can try an uninstall/clean install to see if this helps.

Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings if asked to as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
If you are still experiencing problems then please submit a ticket to support. :)

Thanks, Happy Holidays 

bd

Just as a reminder of a question asked 4 years ago:

Was there a simpler way to resolve the popup asking “make changes to your computer”? 

I’m miles from a computer geek in distance and know how. Can’t you just put a switch in the popup?