Solved

Confirm Registration

Userlevel 2
Hello.  I've had trouble since downloading and installing Webroot.  I've set up my account, software is installed and I can't use it because I'm unable to confirm the registration.  I get to the point when I'm asked to enter the fourth and sixth (or whatever, since it's random) number of the security code.  I set up my "security code" and when I input what I believe to me to be my security code I'm given an error.  "Error(UCR102):Invalid credentials, please re-enter"   Upon reentering I get the same, then timed out and told to try again in 15 minutes.  

I'd like to keep Webroot, but since I'm unable to use what I paid for I just want a refund.  Just tired of dealing with theissue.  I bought this online, but there's no contact phone number for customer service. 
icon

Best answer by zkat 16 August 2016, 22:40

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello zkat,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

If you’re unable to remember the security code or it isn’t working for you, Webroot would like to work with you over the phone to help you access your account and reset your login credentials as necessary.

To call click to view the Contact Information. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you.

Webroot adheres to a 70 day money back guarantee.

If you purchased online from Webroot.com:

Click here to start the refund process.. For assistance with refunds, contact the Consumer Sales team.     
Userlevel 2
Thanks for the information.  This has helped.  I have message the Technical Support.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi zkat,

You are most welcome! They will get this sorted for you for sure!

Have a great weekend!:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

You can also follow this information here if you'd like I am sorry I didn't offer this before.

Follow the instructions below to reset your password or security code.
    [list=1]
  1. Click here to access the management website.
[/list] 
  1. Click on the "Can't log in?" link in blue next to the Log In button. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials4.png[/img]  
  2. Select if you would like to reset your Password or Personal Security Code. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials5.png[/img]  
  3. Enter your email address in the box provided. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials6.png[/img] If after entering your email address you receive a message stating, "Your account has not been activated," you can have the activation email resent to you. Click the Resend Email button and follow the instructions in the email. If you need assistance confirming your account, click here. If you get an error stating, "Error(UPW003): The email address you entered does not exist in our system. Please check the email address you entered or use the email address to create an account," click here for solutions.    
  4. Type in the answer to your Security Question. This answer is case sensitive. [img]https://sw.nohold.net/Webroot/Images/wsa_changecredentials7.png[/img]  
  5. If answered correctly, you will be sent an email with a link to reset your Password or Personal Security Code as you requested. Click the link in the email to reset your credentials. Once this is done, you should be able to log in normally.
Userlevel 2
Thanks, but I tried the above and still am unable to login.  Four times I've gone back to set up an account, used the same email and come up with a completely different password. But when I try to login, per the instructions you provided (thank you again) I get invalid email or password.  And so, I am unable to change the security code.  
Userlevel 2
Thanks, but I tried the above and still am unable to login.  Four times I've gone back to set up an account, used the same email and come up with a completely different password. But when I try to login, per the instructions you provided (thank you again) I get invalid email or password.  And so, I am unable to change the security code.  

Every time I attempt to set up a new account, everything is fine.  I give my "key code", email, come up with yet another goofy password and "security code".  All is good at this point.  Recieve an email with a link to click to confirm my account.  Click on the link and once again get an error code and unable to confirm my account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi there zkat,

Well I am so sorry to hear that you are having these issues.

Thank you for letting us know. I am sure if you decide to keep Webroot then I am positive Support will fix this for you.

Userlevel 2
Hello again.  Sorry for being a problem.  But, I can't go thru this again and again.  It's been three days.  Getting set up with Webroot is simply too convoluted and after all the effort I'm unable to confirm my account.  So, just put in for a refund and will try something different.  Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I understand zkat,

It's a shame you couldn't wait one more day to call support but I completely understand. Thank you for working with us...

I could ask our moderator @ to esculate this for you. Support might even add more time because of your trouble. But then again...since you are having this issue. .you need to do what's best for you.

Have a nice evening,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry you've had issues getting up and running. Support should get back to you today and please let me know how that goes. If you want to PM me your keycode I can add on an extra month for the hassle you've had to go through.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you Nic for the assistance! Much appreciated!:D
And that , ladies and gentlemen...is whats called CUSTOMER SERVICE !!! Although I do consider myself a well educated individual with well over six years of High School, I'm occasionally  lost and easily confused by computers and their intricate operations. With that said, Webroot and their courteous members have been a great help to me and have gone above and beyond in helping me figure out these confusing machines.
To the original poster, don't give up, Webroot is an outstanding Company and their options for Internet Security are second to none. Give them a chance to correct any of your issues and in the long run you will be as pleased with them as I and million's of other users are.

Well said ?. I second that opinion! ;)

Cheers,

bd
Userlevel 2
Thanks so much for your interest.  I'll pm you once my account is onconfirmed and I actually able to use the product.

I did recieve a reply from support.  It did nothing.  No matter what I enter I get the same very familar error message.  I'm sorry to be such a problem and everyone here has been exceptionally nice.  However, before congradulating each other for the wonderful customer service perhaps it would first be best to see a resolution.  This has been ongoing since Friday morning.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It might be easier for you to work by phone, to speed the process up. You can call our support at:
866-612-4268
Userlevel 2
Hello again.  I'm almost there.  Should have this resolved very soon.  In fairness, I suspect the major issue is me.  I have Parkinson's and sometimes I become "wobbly" with off/on memory loss.  I'll update and; and, Nic, will call if necessary.  Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Hello.  Finally..we're good!  Thanks everyone.  Glad I hung in there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Glad to hear it, and sorry it took so long to get resolved!
That's great news zkat.
I paid online the other day and money was taken out of my account (bank), everytime I go to download it wants me to pay again. How can we resolve this?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I paid online the other day and money was taken out of my account (bank), everytime I go to download it wants me to pay again. How can we resolve this?
Thanks for joining our Community, @! Welcome aboard :catwink:

I've sent you everything you need to activate your new subscription in a private message.
Let me know if you need anything else!
I am having the same problems when I try to activate my account. I get error message: UCR102. Are you able to help me? Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello storyteller,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue. It would be best to let the Webroot Support Team help you with this error message. This is a free service with your Webroot Subscription.

To call click to view the Contact Information. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you. For the US you can contact them here at 1-866-612-4277.

Hope this helps?
Badge +1
I got a new MacBook Pro - installed Webroot yesterday and for two days I seem to be getting the same error I have read about on here multiple times:

Error(UCR102):Invalid credentials, please re-enter

while trying to follow the Link in my email to activate Webroot Console - it wants me to type the 1st and 2nd or 1st and 5th characters of my security code...I have reset password and security code multiple times over the past 2 days and still cannot confirm registration.

This seems to be an ongoing problem for many Webroot users that needs to be fixed.
How do I resolve this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi @JeJe72437

I found this issue similar to what you are having from the help section below.

You see "Error(WB102): Registration cannot be completed"This solution addresses Webroot SecureAnywhere

If you are seeing the message "Error(WB102): Registration cannot be completed" when trying to complete registration for your online management account, please send a message to our support team. We will send you a new link to complete your registration. Our apologies for any inconvenience.

To call click to view the Contact Information. When the Contact Us page opens, click the tab for the country that works best for you. For the US you can contact them here at 1-866-612-4277.

Hope this helps?