Creative Zen V Plus 4 GB Portable Media Player and Acer Iconia 500 Tablet

• 7 September 2013
  • 1 reply

I unable to connect my
Creative Zen V Plus 4 GB Portable Media Player media player to PC. It was working fine before I installed Webroot Secure Anywhere. I had norton before.

I unable to charge my MP3 player or link it to transfer files.

The same for my Acer Iconia 500 Tablet, transfer file.

Both is not being recognize. I install both driver again. I know it not driver issue.

SecureAnywhere doing something to prevent both device to be recognized.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hello vodreaux and welcome to the Webroot Community!

While it might be possible for WSA do disrupt driver files for your devices, I am not sure that will be the case here.  The drivers for the devices tell the computer how to communicate with the device, but I think the USB power is always on.  If it is a driver issue, I would be more likely to think it is the computer's main USB drivers that were affected.

That would be a pretty rare situation though... have you tried to uninstall WSA and reboot the computer and try the USB again?  You might try this:

1. Uninstall WSA and reboot the computer
2. See if the devices work with WSA removed.  
  • If yes, then continue to step 3.
  • If the devices still do not work, the problem was probably not caused by WSA. You might want to reinstall any mainboard drivers and try again or take your computer to a repair tech.Re-install WSA and reboot again.  If again the devices refuse to charge or connect then it may very well be something with the computer's USB drivers and WSA.  
3.Re-Install WSA and reboot the computer
4. Try the devices again.
  • If the devices are still working... GREAT!  :)
  • If the devices stop working again, it is very possible that WSA is the culprit, and you might want to submit a Trouble Ticket There may be some files that can be whitelisted to avoid the problem.
Please check back in with us and let us know what the results are!