Deleted Documents Folder

• 1 June 2016
  • 1 reply

I think I know the answer to this question but I have to ask.  I had 12 Documents Folders showing up, all duplicates of one another.  I decided I was going to delete all but one of them.  I right clicked on one of the folders, selected "Permanently delete with Webroot".  I thought this would only delete one of the folders.  It deleted all of them.  Is there a way to get them back?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi CindyB731

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I am afraid that the answer is that it is unlikely that you will be able to recover the folder itself, but you may be able to recover some of the contents by using a 3rd party data recovery tool, to scan your disk looking for the files that were contained therein. Having said that the level of success of this will depend on how much you have used the system since you deleted the folder as every time you use the system the space 'vacated' by the folder and contents may be 'reused' so overwriting what was previously there, etc.

If you can use another system to search with Google for "free data recovery software" and download one of the recommended apps, then try to run this on your system to see if it can locate & recover any of the folder contents.

Not sure if that helps?

Regards, Baldrick