Did Webroot have some sort of update yesterday...or did something happen to my installation?

• 9 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I was using a program yesterday and it stopped working. The only way to get the program to work again was to restart the system. When it restarted, Webroot gave me a warning that an untrusted program (AvidApplicationManager) was trying to access the internet. This application is part of Sebilius...a music program that I have owned for sometime. So why is Webroot suddenly flagging it when it never did before? Now everytime I start up my computer, I get this warning. I guess I can say that it is always OK for this program to have this access. It had it before and it didn't seem to be a problem.

This happened yesterday BTW. Today, I opened Cakewalk and I got another warning about this program. Never got that before. So why am I getting it all of the sudden.

And then a website that I have been going to suddenly puts up a Phishing attempt when I try to log in. The website seems to be OK, but when you click on the login button, it switches to another screen where you are suppose to enter you login credentials. So does Webroot suddenly think this is a phishing attempt because it puts up a second page for you to log in? This is nothing new. The website has worked this way for a year or more.

So why is webroot suddenly flagging all this stuff?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I am have the similar problem. Every .exe file I open I get a warning and I must allow it to open. Using Version 9.0.13.62

Userlevel 7
Our Team may possibly need to whitelist the files in question.

In order to ensure everything works properly for both of you, please reach out to our Support Team directly. You can just submit a support ticket, or if the issue is of high urgency please call our Support Line:

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227 M-F 7am?6pm MT
Send us a Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Cheers!!!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am have the similar problem. Every .exe file I open I get a warning and I must allow it to open. Using Version 9.0.13.62

May I just add here...that if you are sure of the provenance of the file, i.e., you know it is safe...as would be the case in your example, then you just need to click on the 'Always allow' button...et voila.

But as I said...only do this if you are sure the file involved is safe. Any doubts then contact the Support Team as recommended by JP.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 5
Badge +19
I did submitted a ticket reguarding my issues. I have three programs so far that are not working like they use to. Two programs give me the same warning that VanBuran posted. I also have Microsoft Office, so I wonder if that will do the same too.

The two programs that suddenly give me that warning are:

AvidApplicationManager ( a part of Sibelius)
Sonar Platinum (a Cakewalk program)

Both are music programs.

I am also having different problem with Daz Studio. It loads OK. Connects to my account OK (which is the option I choose). But after I start adding content that I have purchased to my scene, the database seems to go out to lunch. Instead of displaying my content as I swtich categories, I get a spinning dial that never seems to go away. Maybe Webroot has decided to scan the database, and I am not waiting long enough. But I never had this issue before November 7th.

Tech Support told me to turn off Webroot and see if I still have the problem. I did that and I can switch between categories freely without seeing the spinning dial. The only time I usually see the spinning dial is when the program first opens. Or if I search the entire database for a specific item. Like if I want to see all the hats in my library.

With Webroot running, I can go to the first category OK, but if I try to switch to another category I get the endless spinning dial.

Userlevel 4
Badge +14
Well it seems mine has settled down. Funny thing is my wife's computer has the same Office 365 and Webroot Complete and nothing came up on hers.
Userlevel 5
Badge +19
For me too.

I noticed yesterday morning that AvidApplicationManager no longer gave me the warning.

I also got Daz Studio to work again. Daz Tech Support said that an antivirus could indeed cause my issue. They said to make sure that Daz Studio and it's database were allowed in Webroot, so I tried adding them to the Application list and that appears to have worked. I used the program for an hour yesterday and had no issues.

I did try my version of Excel but I had no issue with it.