Solved

Does SecureAnywhere Complete protect my e-mail traffic?

I am new to Webroot, and I just installed "Complete" on a PC.  I was pleased with the scan of my Program Files folder, etc.  But I see no evidence of protection, to incoming and outgoing e-mails.   Please tell me if e-mail is scanned, and where this point is evidenced in writing.

I notice no signature on my outgoing e-mails.  My previous security software provided just such a signature, to outgoing e-mail.

Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 16 April 2014, 20:16

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
We don't do email scanning as part of our AV protection.  Webroot's approach is to catch the malicious software at the time it tries to execute, rather than trying to catch it in transit.
Do you happen to know if G Mail is protected, itself?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I think most of the major email providers do scans automatically:
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/25760?hl=en
Thank you.
BTW, How did you upload a custom avator?
Oops.  Sorry to bother you with that.  I found it in HELP.
Userlevel 7
hi jbecich

Welcome to the Community Forums...http://www.forumsextreme.com/images2/sBo_jumping.gif

The ability to upload a custom avatar is gained when one reach a certain level of rank in the Community (in this case Frequent Voice).  Please see this page for details, and by all means come back and ask any questions that you may have.

Regards

Baldrick
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
jbecich

You are most welcome, that, amongst other things is one of the primary reasons for the Community...to help each other and to learn.

Please feel free to ask further questions/raise issues as and when required.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
We don't do email scanning as part of our AV protection.  Webroot's approach is to catch the malicious software at the time it tries to execute, rather than trying to catch it in transit.
Hello
I "reopen" this old topic because I have a question about Email protection.
I understand and agree what you say nic , but if I'm right WSAC works with an Internet connection.
So if my Internet connection is interrupted and if I open an infected Email (not online but on Windows mail or Outlook 2013), I'm not sure that I am protected:@
I'm using WSAC on 2 PC and 1 laptop since more 2 years and I had never got any problem but I would be happy if you can reassure me;)
regards
Asklepios
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

WSA protects both interactively & via scan very well when you are off line because it does not just rely on comparison with signatures, etc.  There is so much more to WSA's protection engine then that...indeed the vast majority of the protection is based on behavioural analysis (heuristics) of potential threats together with whitelisting of files, etc.  For more information on the heuristic-related components of WSA please see this page of the Online Help Text.

In fact whilst to all intents and purposes the signatures are in the Cloud, that is not strictly true as WSA does hold a database of special signatures, specificaly for this purpose, on the client machine.

So you are well protected as well when off line. 

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 6
@ wrote:
Hi Asklepios

WSA protects both interactively & via scan very well when you are off line because it does not just rely on comparison with signatures, etc.  There is so much more to WSA's protection engine then that...indeed the vast majority of the protection is based on behavioural analysis (heuristics) of potential threats together with whitelisting of files, etc.  For more information on the heuristic-related components of WSA please see this page of the Online Help Text.

In fact whilst to all intents and purposes the signatures are in the Cloud, that is not strictly true as WSA does hold a database of special signatures, specificaly for this purpose, on the client machine.

So you are well protected as well when off line. 

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick

Hi Baldrick
Thanks !
Yes that's fine and answer all my fears :D
Regards
Asklepios
Userlevel 7
Hi Asklepios

No worries...as ever...glad to be of service, as and when I can.

Regards, Baldrick