Solved

Does Webroot Mac Products have Firewall ?

• 22 September 2016
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Hi.

as you can see dear Webrooters , question is Does Webroot Mac Products have Firewall ? 🙂
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 September 2016, 17:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Good question Parham. I don't see any settings on Webroot about a Firewall unless I'm over seeing it. The Mac does have it's own Firewall. There is about 75% difference between running Windows with Webroot and running a Mac with Webroot. I noticed the Mac version of Webroot has less settings. Maybe ? would know more about this since I'm new to the Mac.
Userlevel 5
this is not Ok , not at all :)

for Windows , Webroot says Windows Firewall is enough for inbound connections , so Webroot Firewall cover outbound connections, Ok this is ok

but no Firewall in Mac? if users want stay secure by Apple Company , so never come buy Webroot !

Webroot should do something about its Firewall problems , this mac firewalls or even that windows firewall only can make happy average users, but what about power & professional users? i don't think so :S
i hope Webroot Staffs see this topic and do something about this matter let Development Department be aware of that 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Parham,

Thank you for the ping ?

ProTruckDriver is absouletly correct that the Mac has it's own Firewall.Please look here,

Also have you seen the Mac User Help Guide?

I've had Webroot onn my Mac for 3 years without any issues. Webroot has all the protection you could need IMO.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 5
Hi. thanks for the replies.

yes as i said it can be enough for most of users, but not all of them... maybe Webroot have some users who can face to face with more dangerous attacks! and we all know Apple is not a CyberSecurity company, right? so their techs also is not fully trusted in security stuffs for example this Firewall problem. what do you think?

correct me i am in mistake 🙂
Userlevel 7
To add to what Sherry posted, we don't know what's "under the hood" of Webroot, Windows and Mac. Mac is a totally different world from Windows. Both OS's work totally different. On a Mac my scans are a little longer than Windows with Webroot. Now with MBAM my scans are 10 seconds on the Mac and about 15 minutes on Windows. I know I'm well protected with WSA on both Mac and Windows. Thanks Sherry for chiming in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Parham,

Yes you sound logical about your statements. I feel that Webroot would do more with the Firewall if Apple would have it. So far Webroot has stopped any attacks on my system. I can't answer that about other Mac users. Most don't have any protection at all. Since it's believed that Apple doesn't get viruses or attacks?

Of course I wouldn't totally rely on the Apple security thus is why I have Webroot to do it's job. Do you know of any other AVs for the Mac that have Firewall protection? Just wondering. Webroot has free Support and have you heard of this https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/What-Happens-if-Webroot-quot-Misses-quot-a-Virus/ta-p/33374

I cannot explain Apples Ssecurity. All I know is what Webroot can do.

Userlevel 7
Hi Parham

Excuse me for saying so but you seem somewhat paranoid about Firewall protection...given all your posts in various threads. Whilst it is always good to ask I would say that when it comes to WSA all the important bases are covered including the FIREWALL aspect...and most of us have been protected by WSA for a long time...and very successfully too.

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Hi Baldrick,

yes i underestand what are you saying and this is correct ( not exactly paranoid ) but I'm a bit tough about Webroot bevause i love this product & CO , so if i see smallest weakness or a way for improve Webroot i will insist on it and won't let it go easly i hope you underestand what i'm trying to say , i mean it's just about Webroot sake :D

but if this my behavior sometimes give you or other my Webrooter friends a bad feeling , excuse me , i'm sorry about that i will do my best to change your feelings about that 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi Parham

But that is just the point...you are seeing apparent 'weakness' where none exists...as has been already said...from experience the WSA Firewall does the business.

Regards, Baldrick