Solved

Does WRSA clean the Win 10 file WebCacheV01.dat ?

• 2 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10
Does WRSA clean the Windows 10 file WebCacheV01.dat ?
WRSA has an advanced setting for the System Optimizer to clean the index.dat file. Googling tells me index.dat has been replaced in Windows 10 with the WebCacheV01.dat file. When I run the System Optimizer enabled for cleaning index.dat, the file size of WebCacheV01.dat does not change after restart.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 2 December 2016, 23:21

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi happy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The answer to your question is currently, most likely to be 'No'. I say this because if you check the Optimizer Settings you will no doubt notice that whilst there are plenty pf reference to IE there are none (yet) related to Edge or anything specifically WIndows 10.

I suspect that it is early days yet for the Optimizer to be enhanced to cover the more esoteric aspects of Windows 10...after all WSA is predominantly an antimalware app and I suspect that there are more important tasks & features that are being worked on as a priority.

However, what you are suggesting is a good idea and so I would suggest that you open a Feature Request about this...it is the best way to bring something like this to the attention of the Development Team...and then...who knows...;)

Regards, Baldrick