Solved

Dual Boot/Multiple OS Computer and License?

Userlevel 1
I just purchased a key for 3 computers.  I have multiple operating systems installed on my computer and 2 other separate computers in my house.  Am I able to use the license key on multiple operating systems on one computer as well as 2 other separate computers? 

In other words:  are separate operating systems considered separate 'computers' to Webroot?
icon

Best answer by mdrmusic 10 May 2012, 00:36

Kit, Mike, thanks for those numbers  :)  The solution offered by support were to either:

a) purchase a further 2 opearting system licenses for my existing license key;

or

b) purchase a separate 3 operating system license key.

So unfortunately there's no current option for a 6 OS license key, but LUCKILY there is currently a 50% off special for WRComplete 1 year 3 operating system license key through the US site and I chose to do that since it was $20 AUS cheaper to take up that option and then add the 2nd license key to my existing account.

Just want to say thanks for all your help here  :)  really appreciated!
View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey mdrmusic,

That is a good question. The separate operating systems would be recognized as separate computers. Our license tracking and identification is not only done through hardware, but also a unique GUID from the operating system.

You can upgrade to a 5 user license which would work better for your unique situation.

The sales number is 866-612-4268
Userlevel 1
Thanks Mike,

A 6 operating system license key would be optimal to my circumstance 🙂 Could you guide me on how to upgrade from a 3 to 5 (but preferably 6) operating system license key?

Thanks for your help,
Jordan/mdrmusic
Userlevel 7
Get in touch with our sales department by phone and I believe they may be able to get you a key of the size you need.  In the US: Toll Free 1-866-612-4268.  Other international numbers are also available.
Userlevel 1
I meant to ask for the Australian support number but I was having trouble editing my reply on my mobile phone browser... I'll look up the Australia support number :)

Thanks again for your help Mike.
Userlevel 7
Here ya go!

1-800-013-772  <- AU Sales
Userlevel 1
Kit, Mike, thanks for those numbers  :)  The solution offered by support were to either:

a) purchase a further 2 opearting system licenses for my existing license key;

or

b) purchase a separate 3 operating system license key.

So unfortunately there's no current option for a 6 OS license key, but LUCKILY there is currently a 50% off special for WRComplete 1 year 3 operating system license key through the US site and I chose to do that since it was $20 AUS cheaper to take up that option and then add the 2nd license key to my existing account.

Just want to say thanks for all your help here  :)  really appreciated!

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings