Solved

Email notification?

Is there an option for email notification of viruses/malware in the consumer version of Webroot?  Needing to be able to get email alerts for my family where we have 5 devices on the Complete Secureanywhere.

icon

Best answer by nic 27 August 2014, 21:47

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Is there an option for email notification of viruses/malware in the consumer version of Webroot?  Needing to be able to get email alerts for my family where we have 5 devices on the Complete Secureanywhere.

Welcome to the Forum kmruss!

All updates are done in the cloud and no we don't recieve updates for viruses. You have nothing to worry about because Webroot takes care of everything for you!

Sherry,

I'm also in the IT Business and considering this for a small business customer with only around 5-7 computers - so I need to be able to be notified about viruses - whether they are taken care of or not.  And I know that sometimes manual intervention has been required from my customers who use the Enterprise version of Webroot - so email notification is a must.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Sherry,

I'm also in the IT Business and considering this for a small business customer with only around 5-7 computers - so I need to be able to be notified about viruses - whether they are taken care of or not.  And I know that sometimes manual intervention has been required from my customers who use the Enterprise version of Webroot - so email notification is a must.

Hello kmruss,
I'd like to hand you over to @  and he can advise you further! OK? He is our moderator and he knows more about the business Webroot product!
Sounds good - thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Unfortunately that's a business only feature.  There's a tab for alerts that you can send to an email distribution list in the business console.  For consumer that isn't available, but you can suggested in as a feature here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Sounds good - thanks.

Also if you go to your Online Console and under PC Security click on any PC and you can see what was detected: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/669/Viewing-PC-status and here: http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/674/Viewing-PC-scan-information but that would be nice to have an email message like Prevx use to do for Consumers as well and if I remember you had up to 1,000 possible emails per year so maybe not everyone would want that so maybe Optional like Prevx did as well? Hint, Hint Webroot Staff. :D

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Thanks nic and triple for the responses.  I would like to see this as well.  There are instances (family for instance) where I would like to get pro-active notices that detections were made rather than getting the call after about a week or more has passed and the infection has dug in.  Granted it's not as common or needed with Webroot's protection but even with it's high detection rate, something CAN slip by ... that's why it's not 100% detection rate per PC Magazine (this is the 'real' world and I've been in the IT Business for over 15 years) .. even if it is the top #1/#2 antivirus.  :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
But don't forget that WSA will monitor unknown files and if marked bad it will rollback to the pre-infection state. Also you have the Cloud and it's always checking for new Malware and it's behaviour so they get allot of info: http://www.brightcloud.com/platform/webroot-intelligence-network.php

Daniel 😉
STOP sending emails about purchasing your product!!!!! I already have anti virus!!!!!
STOP!!!!! STOP!!!!! STOP!!!!
Userlevel 7
Hello @, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum.:D
Sorry to hear about the Webroot emails. There should be a link at the bottom of the email to "Unsubscribe". I'll ping one of the Webroot Staff to look into this for you. @ 
Userlevel 7
Thanks, @ :cathappy:

@, I've created a case on your behalf with our Team to ensure this is addressed.