Solved

Entered new keycode, now my PC not showing in web console.

• 20 October 2013
  • 9 replies

Hello All. My current 3 user WSA Complete subscription expires tomorrow, so today I entered a new keycode for WSA Complete 5 user into my existing GUI. However, during installation i checked a box for "password protection". Now the PC that I used to enter new keycode doesn't show up in the web console. Everything installed fine and my license has been updated on this PC it's just not showing in web console. According to WSA support website I need to contact support to assist me since I checked the "password protection" box. If had known this would be the case I wouldn't have checked the box. Now I have to deal with their support which I have not had very good experiences with in the past. I have done so by email. So while I wait the day or two it will take for them to get back to me, and go back and forth with their irrelevant responses, I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if you know what it will take for my PC to show in the web console. Thanks very much for any help. Regards, BD
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 20 October 2013, 22:07

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello BurnDaddy, 

To get the new key code to display in the console, you will probably need to log into it, select Manage Key Codes, and add them to the console manually: activating the key code on the computer will not automatically add it to the console.  Often people decide to own multiple key codes and keep them on separate consoles, so you this isn't done automatically.  Once you add it, the protected PC should show back up in the Console within 30 minutes.

As for the Password Manager, that will require the help of support to "move" the email address/profile from the old key code to the new key code.  This is usually a quick and simple fix.  You will want to add the new key code to the console before Support is able to make that move for you though.
Thanks for the response David. I did enter the new keycode in the web console too. As of now (4+ hours later) it still has not shown up in the web console. This is the PC that I primarily use and most of my backup space is from files on this PC. These files are no longer being backed up now that it no longer shows in the console. I guess I will wait and see what support has to say. It also appears that adding the new keycode in the web console does not update my other computers that are running WSA. So I am now going to go and add the new keycode to those computers too (a laptop and a desktop PC).
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thanks for the response David. I did enter the new keycode in the web console too. As of now (4+ hours later) it still has not shown up in the web console. This is the PC that I primarily use and most of my backup space is from files on this PC. These files are no longer being backed up now that it no longer shows in the console. I guess I will wait and see what support has to say. It also appears that adding the new keycode in the web console does not update my other computers that are running WSA. So I am now going to go and add the new keycode to those computers too (a laptop and a desktop PC).
Run a scan: I know when installing the device will not show up in the Console until the first scan has been completed so possibly running a scan manually will work.

The Backup & Synch will probably also begin to work correctly one Passwords does: after Support associates the profile/email address to the new key code instead of the old one.
Run a scan: I know when installing the device will not show up in the Console until the first scan has been completed so possibly running a scan manually will work.

No luck. Ran a scan and still not showing on the web console. I'm hoping that when Support associates the profile/email address to the new key code things will improve. I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that this process will be as simple as you say. So far everything that I thought would be simple ends up taking 10x the time that it should. Never have I experienced so much frustration with software of any kind as I have with WSA. If it weren't for the dedicated individuals like yourself here in the Community I'd have been done with them long ago. The folks at Webroot seem to think that the Community is an acceptable substitute for support. I know from my experience that you all are more knowledgeable than their support, but that still doesn't make it right, imho.
Userlevel 7
How long ago did you run the scan?  It sometimes takes up to 30 minutes after the scan completes before the device shows in the Console.
Userlevel 7
You might also log into the Console, go to PC Security, then at the upper right change the View drop down to Deactivated PC's to check to make sure that the PC did not get marked as Deactivated somehow.  If it did, you can reactivate it by clicking it, click Commands tab, and click Reactivate.
Thanks very much for your help, David. After walking away and doing some other things around the house I came back to find that my main PC was finally added to the web console. However, backups were still not taking place. After going through the settings I discovered that sync and backup had both been turned off. I don't know why but I'm pretty sure that adding the new keycode had something to do with it. Shortly after turning them back on my backups resumed as they should. I apologize for not waiting a while before posting my results here. I should have realized by now that not everything in the Webroot cloud happens right away. I need to learn to be a little more patient. In the future I will be sure to allow some time to pass before asking for assistance.The one remaining question that I do have is that I noticed that when logged into the Web console it says that I'm currently using 11.1 GB of my cloud storage, but when I pull up the GUI on my PC it says that I'm using 21.8 GB. Do you have any ideas as to why there is a discrepancy in these numbers? I'm almost certain that the 11.1 GB figure is correct. I just don't know where the 21.8 GB figure comes from. Regardless, I really do appreciate you taking the time to assist me. Thanks again and have a good night. Hopefully I won't be needing assistance for a long time. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Glad that things are working out now!  Never hesitate to ask, we never mind helping out as much as we can :)

I am not sure what the GB figure has doubled... that is odd.  Have you logged into the Backup & Sync folders from within the Console to see if possibly the data has somehow been backed up twice?
Userlevel 7
Hello BurnDaddy, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. :D

The Backup & Sync problem, I'm having the same problem. You may want to look at these posts & put a trouble ticket in.

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Backup-amp-Sync-Issues/m-p/61857#U61857

https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Backup-amp-Sync-Problem/m-p/41568#U41568