Solved

Entre a vaild keycode

• 18 March 2017
  • 4 replies

Ive just purchachased  Webroot SecureAnywhere online after trying the 14 day free trial and anyway the keycode I was emailed after buying it just brings up the message "Entre a valid keycode" so I tried uninstalling the free version and tring a fresh install using the link in the email that came with the keycode but it still wont work?

Anyone have any ideas, I've opened a dialog with the technical support but being 8.30pm on a Saturday I doubt I'll get any response before Monday and I now have no protection on my device untill this is sorted?

icon

Best answer by freydrew 22 March 2017, 20:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dpbayly

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You are not alone...we have had a couple of other new users of WSA reporting exactly the same 'issue', i.e., the "Enter a valid keycode" message when trying to enter the keycode supplied in the registration email.

And I have to say that this is unusal; so I am thinking that these may all be connected, and that there are potentially issues in the back office (to which we have no access to). If that is the case then you have opted for the best course of action by opening a support ticket.

I would ask you to be patient as, as you say, it is the weekend and whilst the ticketing system is 24/7 responses can be a little slower than the stellar normal ones.

I will ping a few Webrooters in the hope that they may be able to shed some light on this but it may well be Monday before anyone responds.

@ @ @ @ is there anyone who can look into this sudden spike in occurrences reported of the "Enter a valid keycode" message when trying to enter the keycode supplied in the registration email? It may be a coincidence but I have not before seen this happen like this.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Thanks for that.

Userlevel 7
You are most welcome. Let's hope that the Support Team can get to the bottom of this for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hi @

I'm so sorry that this happened to you.

I was able to check with the support team and it looks like they were able to email you back on Monday. Due to the sensitive info I rather not discuss it here in public but please check email if you haven't already and if that solution didn't work for some reason, please let me know and I will troubleshoot further. 

Thanks