Solved

error on permantly erase with webroot

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

i have some threats on a folder , after webroot detected they , i try to deleted folder , but show error and can not .

then i try use  " permanently erase with webroot " for delete forlder , but again show error .

then i erase quarantine and detection configuration and agaian try for delete folder , but can not .

when i shut down my webroot and agaian try for delete folder , but again can not and show error " error deleting file and folder " : it is being used by other person or program "

could you please help me why i can not detect this folder ?

Thanks ,

icon

Best answer by durantash 4 May 2013, 07:30

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
It looks like the files are locked down by system. Just a precaution, in case of the removed threats placed in the quarantine, please avoid tools to unlock files/folders locked down by system!!! You can rather try to reboot your machine, sometimes a reboot unlocks files. If this is not of a help, I would suggest you to open a support ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
When i deleted all quarantine and all threats activites on my webroot and use permanental erase webroot , i must can erase folder .

reboot system for any activities not good .

i think you are agree ? yes?

Userlevel 7
If I correctly understand, you already deleted files from the quarantine but there is still a folder that can't be deleted. If so, I think that even Permanently erase with Webroot will not work.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
yes .

all check many solutions but can not deletec folder .

Userlevel 7
There has to be a reason why infected files were removed but the folder not. So I wouldn't experiment anymore and would contact support to have a look.
Userlevel 7
If the files were in a locked system folder (recycler/system32/) you wont be able to delete the folder. You will be able to delete certain files from within the folder however. If you submit  a ticket I`ll take a look at exactly whats going on.
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

No , folder is on My desktop .

No , i do not sent new ticket , becuase now i have new 3 tickets and i am waiting for answer Webroot support center .

Thanks ,

Userlevel 7
OK well without more information its very difficult for me to help out further.

If you create a new ticket with the following heading I will personally look at it. I am in the office for another 3 hours so I can get started on it right now if you want. Just reply here if you have created a ticket so I can check the support system.

"error on permantly erase with webroot -FAO of Roy Tobin"
Userlevel 7
Found your ticket (at least I think I have)

Checking the scan logs

I may need some full diagnostic logs
Userlevel 7
It looks like WSA was only installed today at 13:07 so I dont really have much info to go on. I have sent you a request for full diagnostic logs. Since its a folder on the desktop its a little unusual to be denied access on it. Is it on your desktop or are you trying to delete the folder from another users desktop using Windows explorer?
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Dear , thank you so much .

Now Sir Roy answer me and now send diagnotise .

Thank you so much for help me .

Best Regards ,
Amir

Userlevel 7
As Roy would be taking a look, you can also try (removed link according to our Community Guidelines). It's very reliable.

Moderator: Feel free to reach out to Amit via Private Message for more information.
Userlevel 7
I have sent a reply via the support system requesting logs.
Userlevel 7
Roy don't forget to post the solution if you find one after collecting the logs as other members and guests to this Community could benefit from it. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Was this issue resolved? If so, we'd like to mark it as solved. If not, please let us know and we'll continue to assist. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi Mike , yes , it is resolve . Thank you . Best Regards ,