Solved

ESET Smart Security along wsa

Hello again,

Just for anyone who is wondering about how to solve the problem of those two softwares coexisted, I found it myself. Support could not be able to help me with this isuue. The problem is that webroot service kicks off faster than the eset one, not letting the eset gui to start along with all the other start up programs, causing finally system to crash.
Solution: In registry make the wrsvc service depending on the ekrn service. So each time system starts eset sevice kicks off before the webroot's one and ...that' it, you're done :-)
Took me months to figure this out, pheww!!!

Thanks alot guys. regards
Grigoris
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 25 March 2013, 00:01

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Grigoris!

Whilst I am glad you sorted out your issue I am not sure it's correct way. I highly recommend to don't play with WSA services because you can decrease WSA capabilities. If I can suggest you, please open a Support Ticket during which the logs from your system will be collected and Webroot techies will be able to solve your issue WITHOUT need to play with services of WSA or ESET. Believe me they can easily resolve your issue. There are thousands of users out there using the same combination without problems.
Hello pegas,

Believe me, I have been in contact with both supports, eset's and webroot's for quite a long time now with no resolution to my issue. These two software are totally incompatible and they can not fix this. Glad I've fixed it my own way. And trust me, this solution can not be a problem (as of security) as we are talking about fractions of seconds between the start up of these two services

Regards,
Grigoris
Userlevel 7
OK Grigoris, it's up to you. I just wanted to point out that I don't recall compatibility issues which weren't resolved by support (JoeJ inclusive).
Userlevel 7
It looks like the last time support was contacted on this issue was seven months ago, and they were still investigating. However, a reply was not provided to support on the last question that was asked.

Anyway, this is very interesting to hear about, but Pegas is right that there may be unintended consequences of such a change. If you could update your support ticket with that information, support can investigate whether or not the action being taken has negative consequences or if it results in an overall benefit.
Ok JimM,

I'm opening a new support ticket. Glad to hear that you remember the issue.

Regards,
Grigoris
Userlevel 7
Thanks Grigoris for your willingness to work this out together with support. It will definitelly help other users who may have been encountering the same issue. Really appreciated.
Well, I give up. Nothing worked the past 6, maybe 7 months. I have sent dozens of logs to support team. Still nothing worked out. Now the new incompatibility I found is that when wsa present, the eset firewall goes off.
So, unfortunately I'm abandoning wsa. If i would have to choose one of the two security suites, I would choose eset, and so I do.
Bye bye webroot 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hi Grigoris can you uncheck this setting and "Save All" under Advance settings and see how it goes and reply back?

TIA,

TH

Hello,

I've just unistalled the product. I'm really frustrated with the support team. I'm just don't coming back and experimenting. I've had enough of experiments already the past 7 months. Thank you very much for your reply.

Regards,
Grigoris Chalmoukis
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry to hear maybe someone from the Webroot Staff can look into your case and bring it up to Development so peek in once in awhile to see if this thread is updated.

Regards,

TH